Page 12 of 145 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

I don’t mind Newman but he is extremely soft and pretty slow , and rarely stood up for us when it counted . Bit of a downhill skier , at least when he was with us .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I don’t mind Newman but he is extremely soft and pretty slow , and rarely stood up for us when it counted . Bit of a downhill skier , at least when he was with us .

watch the last few minutes of the Essendon come back last year, and note his involvement.

Bit of positive and negative revisionism with Newman going on this board at the moment. He was a solid utility player, won’t cost us a flag that he’s gone - doesn’t mean he wouldn’t have contributed either.

Newmans problem is his speed. Otherwise a very handy footballer. But you can't teach speed, so while he could do well in H&A, he could be exposed in finals.

My link got removed but it was referring to Hanners being removed from the saints leadership group to focus on his rehab.
    Last edited by liz; 26th March 2019 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Legal reasons - please don't spread "gossip" that can't be verifieid with reference to publicly available sources

Senior Player
    Malicious gossip
    Last edited by liz; 26th March 2019 at 08:45 AM. Reason: edited quoted text for reason provided above

Senior Player
    My link got removed but it was referring to Hanners being removed from the saints leadership group to focus on his rehab.
    God the Saints are stupid

1. How much time does he need for rehabilitation? and
    2. There are rumours about after hours activities, this just feeds in to them

Regular in the Side
    Link to the Report of Hanners in Fox Sports : Outline - Read & annotate without distractions

Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Pretty poor form to repeat the ‘Swans’ fell off their chair’ rubbish in this article (and the unsubstantiated gossip).

Longmire categorically refuted the slight on Dan’s leadership.

“He was our vice-captain last year and has been in our leadership group for a number of years,” Longmire told SEN’s Time On.

“It would’ve been a surprise if he wasn’t in the leadership group from my perspective.”

John Longmire comments on Dan Hannebery leadership surprise claim

On the veteran's list
    I know he's a past player from a long time ago, but who will replace Tony Morwood as the Melbourne Office manager?
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Since when do injured players get removed from the leadership group to focus on their rehab ? Something doesn’t smell right with this situation , and moving away from rumours that are out there, the fact is, this is completely unheard of and it’s very ,very strange.

Since when do injured players get removed from the leadership group to focus on their rehab ? Something doesn’t smell right with this situation , and moving away from rumours that are out there, the fact is, this is completely unheard of and it’s very ,very strange.
    I dunno - it checks out from my perspective. In most of the communities I'm involved with, you want to get to know someone before you make them a leader, regardless of the experience or reputation. So Hannebery was always an "interesting" choice to be in the Saints leadership group from my perspective.

Now that he can't get on the field, it's even harder for him - he can't prove his value and he can't provide in-game leadership. It makes a lot of sense for him step down and say "let's wait until I'm able to fully participate in the team".

For his sake, I hope he does get himself right and back to his best. It's sad to think that his career might be cut so very short.