Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    I'm not proud to admit it, but it turns out my sympathy for Tom is comfortably outweighed by a gloating pleasure in the blow it represents for Hawthorn fans. There, I admitted it. If that makes me a small person then so be it.
    And isnt that double tib/fib break the same thing that ended Jamie Lawson's career - leg never recovered properly from the surgery? Presumably there have been advances sincethen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    I'm not proud to admit it, but it turns out my sympathy for Tom is comfortably outweighed by a gloating pleasure in the blow it represents for Hawthorn fans. There, I admitted it. If that makes me a small person then so be it.
    +1

Senior Player
    Warwick Capper.... The Wiz.... Wozza.... CAPPER!! ....not exactly sure what he's doing now.......comedy tours with Ricky Nixon I think but he wasn't half bad in his day, as these highlights show!

Fantastic Five: Best of Capper - AFL.com.au

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Warwick Capper.... The Wiz.... Wozza.... CAPPER!! ....not exactly sure what he's doing now.......comedy tours with Ricky Nixon I think but he wasn't half bad in his day, as these highlights show!

Thanks for that stevoswan, wonderful shots of Capper, a truly thrilling player to watch.

And it was followed by a similar collection of Goodsey! What a bonus!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post

Thanks also from me Stevoswan. Hadn't seen that footage against Adelaide before, the Wiz must've kicked a big bag that day. I recall his Open Mike interview when Sheahan asked him his fondest footy memory to which Capper replied seeing the Swans win the 2005 flag. It showed his true love for the club.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234