Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 v Essendon

Round 2 v Essendon

The first round win against the Pies was not only satisfying but energising and inspiring.

The problem with Essendon has always been a match up for Stringer and stopping Parish and Merritt delivering the ball with the time and space to their forwards.

The past two games against the bombers have seen us get out to large leads early but in the former game lose a close and then latterly fall over the line just.

I believe we are by far the better team but thinking and doing are different beasts.

Barring injuries, I cannot see any changes following such a fine effort. With 2metre Peter and either Goldstein or Bradley controlling hit-outs, their mids have always proven difficult opponents for our midfield but this year with Grundy and McClean showing such good form, I doubt they'll be the deciding factor.

Instead I was interested in comments from Scott tonight about Heeney and how he matches up against Perkins, which I think may be significant.

This is an important match and not one we can complacently expect to win.

Senior Player
    Hey Liz,

Can you please rename thread to have date, time, venue and tag as a Team List?

Or I am happy to post a new thread and have this post moved to it.

Thanks!

Sorry Liz did I do something wrong when starting this thread. What are the protocols that I have neglected?

No protocols that I know of. Good to get some discussion started on this.

Absolutely agree that we cannot be complacent, that would be a massive risk. We need to bring the intense pressure that we displayed against the Pies.

Can see no team changes which is awesome.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Not that it will happen but:
    Out Lloyd, you can't fumble like that in the goal square and still keep you position in the team
    In Sheldrick, always look good when he has played
    doof-doof

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Out Lloyd, you can't fumble like that in the goal square and still keep you position in the team
    Isn't Sheldrick injured?

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    I suspect at the moment Llyod is just plugging wholes, He has been an amazing servant to the club with 2 B/F to his name. It appears Roberts has taken his spot in the back 6 and when the big 3 return he will most likely make way for one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

I am looking forward to seeing how our defense holds up against some genuine height, this game is a test for different reasons can we cement our great start.

Quote Originally Posted by Dow View Post
    I suspect at the moment Llyod is just plugging wholes, He has been an amazing servant to the club with 2 B/F to his name. It appears Roberts has taken his spot in the back 6 and when the big 3 return he will most likely make way for one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

I am looking forward to seeing how our defense holds up against some genuine height, this game is a test for different reasons can we cement our great start.
    Lloyd’s form has been below par in the first 2 games, even without that unfortunate fumble in the goal square. But he has enough brownie points in the bank and I doubt he will be dropped from a winning team. Bar any injuries, no changes. Sheldrick is injured- is anyone banging the door down who could come in? Fair to say Lloyd was our weakest link but Horse will stick with him.

Does feel like a Danger Game

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Isn't Sheldrick injured?
    Yup, broken finger, still 3 weeks away.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Does feel like a Danger Game
    Yep, this is Essendon, so many close games or losses when we should have blown them away, definite DANGER GAME

Only change for me would be Ladhams for Amartey.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast