Page 60 of 145 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    AFL star bringing top-notch footy to far-flung communities

Feel good story about what Shaun Edwards is up to.
    Aww, he's just like a Santa in July.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    I still miss Marn Grook but I'm enjoying Yokayi Footy, and seeing ex swan Tony Armstrong.

My brother and I have even adapted an old MG drinking game. Every time Tony lifts and drops his clipboard I have a drink, every time Bianca says Deadly my brother does - we both get pretty mellow.

Is my brother's glassy eyed Zoom stare the result of too many drinks, or has the nbn dropped out, can't tell.

Cheers
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 6th July 2020 at 06:32 PM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Past players - what are they up to?

Poor Dan Menzel can’t take a trick.

He played his first game for Central Districts in the opening round of the SANFL last week. Kicked two goals - and broke his foot.

Now out for the rest of the season. And with that his last hopes of a return to the AFL are probably gone as well. Some players have dreadful luck with injuries.

HORROR INJURY RUN CONTINUES FOR FORMER CAT MENZEL
    Former Geelong and Sydney forward Daniel Menzel had hoped to put a horror injury run behind him and worked tirelessly to get into the best shape of his career. But his return to the SANFL with Central District has lasted just one game. Daniel Menzel will miss the rest of the SANFL season after breaking his foot in the opening round for Central District

No Cookies | The Advertiser

More detail here where Dan is quoted:

‘I just have to postpone things in my mind in terms of playing wise,” Menzel said.

“I’m not throwing everything in, I’m only 28 and have a lot of time left.”

Menzel will have a moon boot on his foot for the next six weeks and will remain at the Bulldogs as an assistant coach for the remainder of the SANFL season.

https://www.zerohanger.com/luckless-...son-afl-42434/
    Last edited by Meg; 5th July 2020 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Poor Dan Menzel can’t take a trick.

He played his first game for Central Districts in the opening round of the SANFL last week. Kicked two goals - and broke his foot.

Now out for the rest of the season. And with that his last hopes of a return to the AFL are probably gone as well. Some players have dreadful luck with injuries.

HORROR INJURY RUN CONTINUES FOR FORMER CAT MENZEL
    Former Geelong and Sydney forward Daniel Menzel had hoped to put a horror injury run behind him and worked tirelessly to get into the best shape of his career. But his return to the SANFL with Central District has lasted just one game. Daniel Menzel will miss the rest of the SANFL season after breaking his foot in the opening round for Central District

No Cookies | The Advertiser

More detail here where Dan is quoted:

‘I just have to postpone things in my mind in terms of playing wise,” Menzel said.

“I’m not throwing everything in, I’m only 28 and have a lot of time left.”

Menzel will have a moon boot on his foot for the next six weeks and will remain at the Bulldogs as an assistant coach for the remainder of the SANFL season.

Luckless former Cat and Swan Daniel Menzel to miss remainder of SANFL season | Zero Hanger
    That's a shame. I was a bit disappointed that we didn't give him another year.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Mummy's career is amazing. Why did we ever let him go. His longevity is simply amazing.
    Even after leaving us 7 years ago, he's still better than any ruckman on our list.
    I watched his game against Collingwood, Grundy beat him but Mummy kept working and Grundy had much less impact than he should have. Reminded me of a job he did on Nick Nat when he was with us.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Is Rohan now being used as a designated sniper ? Could have three incidents looked at already tonight !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    What are they up to?

If they're Dan Hannebery, aggravating a hamstring injury and possibly sitting out the rest of the year.

Hamstring nightmare continues: Training setback for injury-cursed star

Sad news for Hanners. He was just getting back towards his best when he had this latest bout of hamstrings. It probably vindicates our decision to offload him a couple of years back. We should never forget what a warrior he was for us. We never would have won the 2012 premiership without him.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Sad news for Hanners. He was just getting back towards his best when he had this latest bout of hamstrings. It probably vindicates our decision to offload him a couple of years back. We should never forget what a warrior he was for us. We never would have won the 2012 premiership without him.
    +1
    Good call.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Senior Player
    Darcy Cameron embarrassing against Natanui in the ruck. Can't get off the ground.

I thought that Cameron looked pretty dangerous up forward. He took some good grabs. Nicnak makes most ruckmen look ordinary.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Brandon Jack has written an analysis of the Swans

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/thi...30-p55gzf.html