Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
Results 325 to 332 of 332

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

  1. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Big call Bazza, big call!
    Finals will be Rohan's big test.

  2. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Win win probably. They got more forward pressure and we got class and a footy brain,which we're short of even if he's a touch slow.
    He's only slow compared to Rohan. He almost ran down Petrocelli on Sunday.

  3. #327
    Senior Player dejavoodoo44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    2,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    He's only slow compared to Rohan. He almost ran down Petrocelli on Sunday.
    According to the tracker, Menzel is quick. Against Geelong, he had the second fastest top speed, behind Ratogalea. While against West Coast, he was equal fastest on the field with Rampe. Which I found surprising, as he never really seems to be express. And as an aside, Rohan wasn't in the top five in the Geelong game.

  4. #328
    [QUOTE=dejavoodoo44;777212]According to the tracker, Menzel is quick. Against Geelong, he had the second fastest top speed, behind Ratogalea. While against West Coast, he was equal fastest on the field with Rampe. Which I found surprising, as he never really seems to be express. And as an aside, Rohan wasn't in the top five in the Geelong game.[/QUOTE

    Reckon he takes a while to hit top speed!

  5. #329
    Senior Player dejavoodoo44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    2,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post

    Reckon he takes a while to hit top speed!
    Though it could be the other way round. Like when Jetta and Rohan were both Swans, most people (including me) would have assumed, that one of them was the fastest at the club. But I remember reading that it was actually Goodes. This was because he had rapid acceleration, and hit a peak around 10-15 metres. However, being a bigger bodied athlete, he couldn't sustain it. So, beyond 20 metres, Rohan and Jetta were both quicker, but there was that brief peak, that meant Goodesy had the highest maximum speed.

    So, maybe Menzel just has a brief sweet spot, that he can't keep up?

  6. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Though it could be the other way round. Like when Jetta and Rohan were both Swans, most people (including me) would have assumed, that one of them was the fastest at the club. But I remember reading that it was actually Goodes. This was because he had rapid acceleration, and hit a peak around 10-15 metres. However, being a bigger bodied athlete, he couldn't sustain it. So, beyond 20 metres, Rohan and Jetta were both quicker, but there was that brief peak, that meant Goodesy had the highest maximum speed.

    So, maybe Menzel just has a brief sweet spot, that he can't keep up?
    Reckon you may be right. When he is chasing somebody over a reasonable distance, he looks to struggle.

  7. #331
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,996
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    His Dad was on "Millionaire" last week. He didn't do any good.
    Is it true that he had a go at Eddie saying that he was worried that Ted was going to go to Collingwood?

  8. #332
    Veterans List aardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    5,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Is it true that he had a go at Eddie saying that he was worried that Ted was going to go to Collingwood?
    Yes but it was all very light hearted. It's probably why he got a tough question.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO