Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I think you have missed my point.
    Probably because your point wasn’t very clear. It’s much clearer below

This writeup is on an Irish online sports site, with an emphasis on Irish sportspeople, presumably predominantly read by Irish people and ex-pats, about Tommy playing Gaelic football.

I love the fact that the Sydney Swans are so well known in football circles in Ireland that Tommy is referred to as ‘the former Sydney Swans player’ with no need for further explanation about what that means.

On another occasion on RWO I told my anecdote of telling an Irish man sitting in a carpark with his menagerie of pet animals on the coast in the Ring of Kerry that I was from Australia - and he immediately said ‘Sydney Swans’!

The Irish love their football!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I think you have missed my point. This writeup is on an Irish online sports site, with an emphasis on Irish sportspeople, presumably predominantly read by Irish people and ex-pats, about Tommy playing Gaelic football.

I love the fact that the Sydney Swans are so well known in football circles in Ireland that Tommy is referred to as ‘the former Sydney Swans player’ with no need for further explanation about what that means.

On another occasion on RWO I told my anecdote of telling an Irish man sitting in a carpark with his menagerie of pet animals on the coast in the Ring of Kerry that I was from Australia - and he immediately said ‘Sydney Swans’!

The Irish love their football!
    Nice one Meg - I hadn't seen it before.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637