Page 134 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,597 to 1,608 of 1754

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    My mistake Stevoswan, I looked it up and "seething" is indeed a simile for under control professionalism, rather than barely suppressed fury.

It's only Februrary - chill a bit, otherwise you'll blow a gaskett by round #1.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 12th February 2023 at 12:13 PM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veterans List

Wink

Deleted.

Veterans List
    I remember saying to Crows fans on BF that wanted to deny his true worth that he would be there best player within a year. Well he was only runner up in their B&F I believe but now he's their captain. Meanwhile, we've gone on to make a GF. I reckon that mob is still comfortably among the worst squads in the competition.

Former Swan, Pie & Carlton player Craig Davis (father of Nick) caught my ear on SEN yesterday, adamant West Coast should've had their 2006 flag stripped away from them when it was later revealed many of their players were on illicit drugs. The same way Melbourne Storm were stripped of their premierships due to their deliberate Salary Cap breaches. Topic of the AFL drug code was being discussed, as Craig drafted the very first Drug Code in Australian Rules Football 30 years ago when he was NSWAFL CEO (1990 - 98). This was required in order to receive Government funding. He is a strong believer of the one strike policy.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Former Swan, Pie & Carlton player Craig Davis (father of Nick) caught my ear on SEN yesterday, adamant West Coast should've had their 2006 flag stripped away from them when it was later revealed many of their players were on illicit drugs.
    Could not agree more. All this BS about negative tests on game day. As Gerard Healy pointed out at the time, these drugs allow you to train beyond your normal pain levels. Cousins in a game runs until he nearly drops, then vomits on the boundary line, and is back on in five minutes like he hasn't spent a penny. And don't even mention Kerr.

(Lucky for his son that KFC was never deemed performance enhancing!)
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Senior Player
    Couple of images from Sam Naismith's game for Port Melbourne last weekend. Including a jumper presentation from JPK!

It’s been a long journey back for this man and seeing him back on the field is something we know all Swans fans will love to see.

Apparently he was player of the match: 42 HO, 1 goal.

Port VFL open their season with a bang

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    I sincerely hope his injury nightmare is over. He was an excellent tap merchant and hope he gets another chance in the big time.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veterans List
    COR to help out the ladies in Scott McGowan's absence.....good on him and nice to see him still around, I assumed he may have gone home to Ireland.

O'Riordan to help AFLW program

Good that O'Riordan is doing that. And Barry O'Connor is playing for the Giants VFL side, where they seem to be giving him a run in the midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    COR to help out the ladies in Scott McGowan's absence.....good on him and nice to see him still around, I assumed he may have gone home to Ireland.

O'Riordan to help AFLW program
    Love this! Colin is a TOP bloke.* I asked him late last year (after his retirement was known) what he was going to do. He said he planned to stay in Sydney and was open to absolutely any job offers.

I'm not sure why they are connecting this with Scott's absence. It's almost like they're suggesting that COR is standing in for Scott but I'm sure that can't be the case. I suppose it's more another hand on deck while they're a man down. But why should it wind up when Scott returns? I daresay COR is getting paid minimally and it is more about looking after him and help him get useful experience.

* My list of Top Bloke Swans also includes Harry C and, more recently, James Rowbottom. I was first won over to Rowbottom when they handed him the microphone to do some interviewing at a clinic with kids in Melbourne a couple of years ago (maybe even in 2019 pre-pandemic!). He made an excellent impression. Since then he's continued to impress. Most recently my 9 year old son and I went for a swim at Maroubra one afternoon. Afterwards we headed for the outdoor showers. We arrived just in front of a young surfer and my son chose to go to a different shower than me to wash the sand off his feet. He was having trouble holding the tap down to keep the water flowing while he was brushing the sand off his feet. The surfer dude stepped forward and started holding the tap so my son could wash his feet. Even though my son was a bit painfully slow the surfer was really patient and gracious. I thanked the surfer and made sure my son did too - then, as we walked away, I explained to my son that surfer was none other than Rowy. I was torn about whether to say hello to Rowy and, on this occasion, I didn't - just let him go about his business being awesome! Tommy Mac is another I rate in the good bloke department - really mature and always polite.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Blog Entries
    Colin = Goat personality

Veterans List
    I see Ben Ronke has nominated for the mid season draft.....I wish him good luck.

Former Swan Ryley Stoddart has too. All the best to him as well.

Delisted trio Brayden Ham, Ben Ronke and Connor McFadyen among first group to nominate for mid-season draft