Page 67 of 147 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    That was also my recollection (though all hearsay in any event).
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    That was also my recollection (though all hearsay in any event).
    It’s correct, It’s been confirmed (including by Darren) several times over the years. Paul Roos knew at the time which is why he was supportive of Jolly leaving (provided Swans received appropriate compensation).

‘Darren Jolly was a pivotal player in their 2005 premiership and a pillar of the old high-stoppage game that was a Sydney trademark between 2003 and 2009. But when he wanted to return to Melbourne to the support network of family for his wife who had developed post-natal depression, Roos said he knew he had to help him get there.’

Category: | Herald Sun

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Denis Pagan is a horse trainer? That puts a new meaning on Pagan’s Paddock!
    Nice.

I think Rhyce should come back to the swans in some type of coaching capacity. Out of the Melbourne fishbowl, and he'll get whatever support he needs.
    His brother Heath can do work experience (at a very low, minimal wage), seeings he's been dropped from the bogans.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I'd always welcome Rhyce back, but he moved down to Melbourne for family issues (the older ones). Can't see him coming back Annie. Not yet anyway
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Lloyd Perris appointed coach of North Shore which is great for a young talent's career cut short. Obviously had footy talent as was Development Coach for Swans NEAFL side this last season

Yes Lloyd must be a mature and ambitious young man to land these roles. He would barely be in his mid-20s in age. I think he has a bright coaching future. Hopefully with us down the track. Great coaches do not always come from the ranks of former star players eg Hafey, Clarkson, Pagan.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Yes Lloyd must be a mature and ambitious young man to land these roles. He would barely be in his mid-20s in age. I think he has a bright coaching future. Hopefully with us down the track. Great coaches do not always come from the ranks of former star players eg Hafey, Clarkson, Pagan.
    Lloyd would be 25 now. He was the captain and best player of the Sydney South Zone rep teams my oldest was in
    from 08 to 11. Even then you could tell he was likely going places. An old head on young shoulders.

Past players - what are they up to?

From Michael Knoll’s Instagram account - Michael and his wife moving back to Adelaide where Michael will play for Norwood in the SANFL. His previous SANFL club was South Adelaide.

Ps: same club as Michael Talia. Any other ex-Swans?
    Last edited by Meg; 11th November 2020 at 10:12 PM.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    He’s probably retired by now but Simon Phillips played for Norwood for many years

Regular in the Side
    Lewis Johnston

Veteran Lewis Jetta delisted. Can't believe he's 31 already!

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Veteran Lewis Jetta delisted. Can't believe he's 31 already!
    I hope Kinnear has posed the obvious question to Mr. Jetta. Wouldn't it be nice for him to wear our jumper again?