Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192
Results 1,093 to 1,098 of 1098

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Mate, I joined Westies in 70 until 75 back in the good old days, played U/19s and reserves and then worked with Bob Keddie and Fos Williams on their coaching team as player analyst. Then came to Sydney in late 75 when Swanettes were Queens of the SCG ha ha. Then went overseas to Singapore , Bangkok and US and had to listen to Radio Australia for my AFL. Became a Westonian to support club financially. Good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Mate, I joined Westies in 70 until 75 back in the good old days, played U/19s and reserves and then worked with Bob Keddie and Fos Williams on their coaching team as player analyst. Then came to Sydney in late 75 when Swanettes were Queens of the SCG ha ha. Then went overseas to Singapore , Bangkok and US and had to listen to Radio Australia for my AFL. Became a Westonian to support club financially. Good old days.
    When I think of West Adelaide I think of Neil Kurley. But I checked online and see Kurley was coaching Glenelg during your years at West.

I grew up in Adelaide in the days when we sat around the heater on a cold Saturday afternoon listening to one footy match with the regular updates ‘from around the grounds’ as all the matches were played at the same time. I was just a kid barracking for Norwood, but all SA footy fans respected Kurley.

And I’m pleased to read Kurley is still going at 87yo.

Off topic but you made me nostalgic (including for my mother no longer with us but probably still cheering on her Glenelg favourites from wherever).

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    BBBH on SAS Australia 2022
    Daughter of a chap who I play tennis with is also on this - see if I can't get the goss...

On the veteran's list
    Apparently one of our ex-players, Jordan Dawson, is playing for Adelaide next year. Will be interesting to see how he goes.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Apparently one of our ex-players, Jordan Dawson, is playing for Adelaide next year. Will be interesting to see how he goes.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    That can't be right, I had it on good authority through the season that Swans fans had nothing to worry about!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192