Page 45 of 145 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Nicksy is part of the 2005 "bloods culture". That "attitude" (if you will) is highly prized out there in the bigger footy world.
    Having your team play with that "attitude" and passion for what they are doing is what every team wants.
    To have your coach die in such sudden and tragic circumstances, then the "camp" they organise to help you heal from that trauma backfires... there's a lot of broken kids who need fixing.
    I believe Nicksy can help that broken.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Apparently Hanners fractured his foot tripping over the back steps at his sister's house.

First Rampe, then Mills and now Hanners.

Poor Hanners hasn't had much luck lately.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Apparently Hanners fractured his foot tripping over the back steps at his sister's house.

First Rampe, then Mills and now Hanners.

Poor Hanners hasn't had much luck lately.
    Yes, when I heard that I felt a pang of vicarious responsibility, as if some residual bad luck from being a former Swan was the cause of it.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Nicksy is part of the 2005 "bloods culture". That "attitude" (if you will) is highly prized out there in the bigger footy world.
    Having your team play with that "attitude" and passion for what they are doing is what every team wants.
    To have your coach die in such sudden and tragic circumstances, then the "camp" they organise to help you heal from that trauma backfires... there's a lot of broken kids who need fixing.
    I believe Nicksy can help that broken.
    I agree.

It will be fascinating watching how Matthew summons the troops.

Adelaide are heading into a rebuild phase like us. Hopefully for Nicks' sake the Adelaide management and fans are patient.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Wow, have a look on Instagram at what Kieran Jack, Alex Johnson and Jeremy Laidler have been up to! I bet Lomgmire is glad they waited till after they retired/left the Swans.

Kurt Tippett has moved back to the Gold Coast with his partner and nine-month-old son to take up a job. He is also helping coach local junior footy players in an off-season training camp.

So I guess we won’t be seeing young Tippett in the Swans Academy.

No Cookies | Gold Coast Bulletin

I just read this on Wikipedia about Jesse White. I knew the first bit (played in SANFL Glenelg’s grand final win) but I didn’t know the rest (Glenelg BnF winner + announced retirement). Good way to go out!

‘In 2019, Jesse won the SANFL premiership and the Glenelg Football Club J H Eller Best and Fairest award and announced his retirement.’

This is what @Blash1975 had to say on Twitter:

‘So proud of Jesse, much maligned throughout his career, he had a fantastic season, he put our club on his shoulders in the finals. I wish he’d go again but what better way to go out. He’s part of Bay folklore now. Best wishes in retirement.’

Hey, we develop our boys well at the Swans!

Wonder if he will stay living in Adelaide. He was born in Melbourne, grew up in the Gold Coast, drafted by the Swans so lived in Sydney, moved to Melbourne to play for Collingwood, then moved to Adelaide to play for Glenelg. Hard to say where Jesse’s ‘home’ is!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Kurt Tippett has moved back to the Gold Coast with his partner and nine-month-old son to take up a job. He is also helping coach local junior footy players in an off-season training camp.

So I guess we won’t be seeing young Tippett in the Swans Academy.

No Cookies | Gold Coast Bulletin
    Yes, qualifies for Adelaide under the father son rule, but not us.

Article about Sam Murray looking for another chance after his drug suspension: 'Driven' former Pie desperate for another chance after drug ban - AFL.com.au. We're not listed among the clubs supposedly interested, which is not surprising.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Adelaide Advertiser rates Jordan Foote as one of the SANFL's most likely to be drafted mature age prospects

No Cookies | The Advertiser

JORDAN FOOTE23, Eagles

If any club is looking for a player ready made to step into an AFL side they would do well with Jordan Foote.

The former Sydney Swans was dynmaic in his first SANFL season at Woodville-West Torrens, averaging 24.7 disposals per game at 84 per cent efficiency.

Foote was also No. 1 in the league for inside 50s (5.8 per game) and second in tackles (6) while also winning almost five clearances each match.

It was no surprise he took out the Eagles' club champion award.

He is physically capable and keen on another shot at the AFL after six appearances on the Swans across four seasons.

A torn ligament in his foot derailed his 2018 campaign and he was delisted.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Adelaide Advertiser rates Jordan Foote as one of the SANFL's most likely to be drafted mature age prospects

No Cookies | The Advertiser
    Always thought he never got a real.crack at it. Hard as nails.