Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 5: the other games.

Round 5: the other games.

Should be an intense start to the round tonight, with Melbourne taking on Brisbane. I'm quite looking forward to the midfield clash with Petracca, Oliver, Viney and Gawn, going up against Neale, Dunkley, Zorko and McInerney. I've particularly enjoyed watching Petracca this season, and so far he might be Heeney's main Brownlow rival.

I'm less interested in tomorrow's clash between the Bulldogs and Bombers. Which reminds me of the phrase, "And would sir prefer a blow to your right testicle or your left?"

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Should be an intense start to the round tonight, with Melbourne taking on Brisbane. I'm quite looking forward to the midfield clash with Petracca, Oliver, Viney and Gawn, going up against Neale, Dunkley, Zorko and McInerney. I've particularly enjoyed watching Petracca this season, and so far he might be Heeney's main Brownlow rival.

I'm less interested in tomorrow's clash between the Bulldogs and Bombers. Which reminds me of the phrase, "And would sir prefer a blow to your right testicle or your left?"
    Given the respective ladder positions, I hope Brisbane wins.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Given the respective ladder positions, I hope Brisbane wins.
    Yes, I could be convinced of that. But on the other hand, Brisbane's season being killed off early has a certain appeal.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Yes, I could be convinced of that. But on the other hand, Brisbane's season being killed off early has a certain appeal.
    I'm with you but it doesn't look like happening at the moment.

Veteran Site Admin
    This, for me. I know we can beat Melbourne. I'm less sure we can match Brisbane at the pointy end of the year, so would be good if they weren't there.

Brisbane did look very good in the first half (and Melbourne look static and timid) but Brisbane looked great at times against Carlton and Freo and yet managed to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    This, for me. I know we can beat Melbourne. I'm less sure we can match Brisbane at the pointy end of the year, so would be good if they weren't there.

Brisbane did look very good in the first half (and Melbourne look static and timid) but Brisbane looked great at times against Carlton and Freo and yet managed to lose.
    I'm actually a bit surprised how inept Melbourne's forward movement has been. It seems like after a couple of weeks in Adelaide, that they've caught whatever is afflicting the Crows.

Senior Player
    I'm actually a bit surprised how inept Melbourne's forward movement has been. It seems like after a couple of weeks in Adelaide, that they've caught whatever is afflicting the Crows.
    Hard to judge, as Salem injured and subbed out early, and Oliver playing with an injury too.

Veterans List
    Dees were poor. What about the great hope of Melbourne, Van Rooyen. Can't get a kick in a stampede.

Another last quarter fade out by the lions. Still plenty of question marks

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Dees were poor. What about the great hope of Melbourne, Van Rooyen. Can't get a kick in a stampede.
    Struts around trying to take speccies all game.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Struts around trying to take speccies all game.
    He is a big strapping lad and he tries hard. We all accept key forwards take longer to develop.

I think he is going ok for a 2021 pick 20 key forward, who is starting his third year.

He is clearly behind where Logan McDonald was last year as a 2020 number four pick in his third year, but way also clearly ahead of where Amartey was in 2021 as a 2018 rookie pick in his third year.

He isn’t setting the world on fire, but you wouldn’t expect him to for where he was picked and his age.

He is between where Logan and Amartey were in their third year which sits right with me.

Too early to tell if Sheldrick or JVR will have a better career.

Veterans List
    I don't like either team but I'm loving Essendon beating the Fairypups. Hilarious.....maybe there is an 'edge'....well, this week anyway....it'll be gone again next week.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast