Page 44 of 145 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Ch 7 news reporting Matthew Nicks is almost certain to be announced as the Adelaide coach with Adam Yze his main challenger.
    That's good. I suspect that he got some useful ideas about coaching, when he played under Roos.

I believe Nicksy has been given the gig.
    Good on him.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Past players - what are they up to?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Good on him.
    What are Adelaide thinking?!

Appointing a coach who wasn’t a former star player for the club, who would have thought in this day and age we would see such a thing.

I don’t know if such a radical strategy (ie. an open application process and appointing the best applicant) can work, but good luck to them both.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    What are Adelaide thinking?!

Appointing a coach who wasn’t a former star player for the club, who would have thought in this day and age we would see such a thing.

I don’t know if such a radical strategy (ie. an open application process and appointing the best applicant) can work, but good luck to them both.
    If you're not from Adelaide, which IIRC, Nicks is, you get eaten alive eventually.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Good on him.
    This is not official yet is it? Seems to me that you would want to get the new coach in before trade period finishes. Not that their input would be required at this stage but pretty sure it opens up some positive media especially given the basket case the Crows have become.
    As an aside am I alone in appreciating the romance in Eddie B ending up back at the Boos? One of my favourite non Swans players of the last decade

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    As an aside am I alone in appreciating the romance in Eddie B ending up back at the Boos? One of my favourite non Swans players of the last decade
    If it means there is a tiny little bit of a less need for another small forward & a bit less cap space to land another small forward? Sure I’m all for the romance

Breaking news: Matthew Nicks appointment is confirmed.

Happy and I know it
    Great opportunity for Nicks. Good luck, though, he's inherited a fractured club.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Great opportunity for Nicks. Good luck, though, he's inherited a fractured club.
    His final few seasons as a Swans player were under Roos first few seasons as coach.....that coupled with a highly regarded coaching apprenticeship, he could be just the person they need to start the healing.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    His final few seasons as a Swans player were under Roos first few seasons as coach.....that coupled with a highly regarded coaching apprenticeship, he could be just the person they need to start the healing.
    Nicksy was a great ambassador for the Swans. Always presented himself to members and fans. If character is anything to go by, he should do well in the role.
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    Nicksy was a great ambassador for the Swans. Always presented himself to members and fans. If character is anything to go by, he should do well in the role.
    Good player for us. Played in that famous qualifying final v port adelaide in 2003. Was on list in 2005 but was a bit past it IIRC. Pity he didn't play in the flag team.

I seem to remember Nick's kicking 7 goals for us one day. I think it was in between Plugger going (for the 1st time) and Hall arriving.