Page 95 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,129 to 1,140 of 1739

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Senior Player
    Zak Jones ran a PB in the 3KM time trial over at the Saints

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I saw Teddy Richards on the street once, a coupe of years after he retired, towards and past each other and just said “the man who kicked Buddy’s arse in the grand final”, offered and got a fist bump, and kept walking. Rock on, Teddy, you legend.
    If you are on twitter, his twitter feed has had some entertaining posts at times over the years.

Teddy is a top bloke - remember chatting at length with him when his career looked on the rocks when flying back to Canberra after going to a game in Melbourne (he was heading up to play ressies if I remember rightly). The one thing I remember vividly from that conversation (apart from him being a good guy of course!) was the determination to give it one final red hot crack to make it at the top level. And of course he did ever so magnificently afterwards!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

I noticed a headline that Elijah Taylor has been back to court for alleged DV offences involving a new partner. Article was behind a paywall in the West Australian.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I noticed a headline that Elijah Taylor has been back to court for alleged DV offences involving a new partner. Article was behind a paywall in the West Australian.
    Saw that same article.....but light on details as I don't have a subscription either.

He needs help....I feel for his partners. Swans dodged a bullet there....but still got grazed.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Saw that same article.....but light on details as I don't have a subscription either.

He needs help....I feel for his partners. Swans dodged a bullet there....but still got grazed.
    Disappointing that he turned a golden opportunity to mud in such a short time. X2 is particularly sad, that he did not learning the lesson and grow from it.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post

We used our pick from St Kilda for trading Zac Jones on Taylor (mid 30s from memory) so we paid a price in recruiting him. We also gave him Adam Goodes' number and he trashed it. At least we had the good sense to offload him after one season. He would have been an ongoing headache for our Club.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    We used our pick from St Kilda for trading Zac Jones on Taylor (mid 30s from memory) so we paid a price in recruiting him. We also gave him Adam Goodes' number and he trashed it. At least we had the good sense to offload him after one season. He would have been an ongoing headache for our Club.
    That was the 'graze'.

Cool!!

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Zak Jones ran a PB in the 3KM time trial over at the Saints
    He is a spud with less hair on his head than me

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    He is a spud with less hair on his head than me
    I was sorry to see him go.
    And I think I'm gonna be sorrier still in '22.
    As for your hair..........

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I was sorry to see him go.
    And I think I'm gonna be sorrier still in '22.
    As for your hair..........
    Got more chance of it growing back than Jones going to another level , we were saying that every year when he was with us , now he will be 27 in March ! The writings on the wall