Page 92 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,093 to 1,104 of 1739

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Mate, I joined Westies in 70 until 75 back in the good old days, played U/19s and reserves and then worked with Bob Keddie and Fos Williams on their coaching team as player analyst. Then came to Sydney in late 75 when Swanettes were Queens of the SCG ha ha. Then went overseas to Singapore , Bangkok and US and had to listen to Radio Australia for my AFL. Became a Westonian to support club financially. Good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Mate, I joined Westies in 70 until 75 back in the good old days, played U/19s and reserves and then worked with Bob Keddie and Fos Williams on their coaching team as player analyst. Then came to Sydney in late 75 when Swanettes were Queens of the SCG ha ha. Then went overseas to Singapore , Bangkok and US and had to listen to Radio Australia for my AFL. Became a Westonian to support club financially. Good old days.
    When I think of West Adelaide I think of Neil Kurley. But I checked online and see Kurley was coaching Glenelg during your years at West.

I grew up in Adelaide in the days when we sat around the heater on a cold Saturday afternoon listening to one footy match with the regular updates ‘from around the grounds’ as all the matches were played at the same time. I was just a kid barracking for Norwood, but all SA footy fans respected Kurley.

And I’m pleased to read Kurley is still going at 87yo.

Off topic but you made me nostalgic (including for my mother no longer with us but probably still cheering on her Glenelg favourites from wherever).

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    BBBH on SAS Australia 2022
    Daughter of a chap who I play tennis with is also on this - see if I can't get the goss...

On the veteran's list
    Apparently one of our ex-players, Jordan Dawson, is playing for Adelaide next year. Will be interesting to see how he goes.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Apparently one of our ex-players, Jordan Dawson, is playing for Adelaide next year. Will be interesting to see how he goes.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    That can't be right, I had it on good authority through the season that Swans fans had nothing to worry about!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    When I think of West Adelaide I think of Neil Kurley. But I checked online and see Kurley was coaching Glenelg during your years at West.

I grew up in Adelaide in the days when we sat around the heater on a cold Saturday afternoon listening to one footy match with the regular updates ‘from around the grounds’ as all the matches were played at the same time. I was just a kid barracking for Norwood, but all SA footy fans respected Kurley.

And I’m pleased to read Kurley is still going at 87yo.

Off topic but you made me nostalgic (including for my mother no longer with us but probably still cheering on her Glenelg favourites from wherever).
    Knuckles cimoached Bays from 1967-1976. Then John Nichols took over. He promptly borrowed a large sum of money from Rex Voight. Then leased a car from a Rental Company, travelled to Sydney and tried to sell it. The reason he was not at the selection committee meeting on the Thursday before the 1979 GF was he was under arrest in cells in Sydney.

He returned to coach us to yet another GF loss. If I remember rightly there was an ex Swan playing then.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Shane Mumford has retired again - in his words “My time on the football field has come to an end for now
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Shane Mumford has retired again - in his words “My time on the football field has come to an end for now
    His retirementt will hurt Giants like it hurt us when he left. Playing with him made his team mates walk a lot taller.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Every single player in a premiership year, not just the side on the day, for our club is a legend to me.

Hell, Luke Vogels is a legend to me.

So to Mummy, thank you, you big, magnificent, brutal beast.

As an aside, no human being has ever been as drunk as he was the morning after at the fan day in Melbourne. Check this out

Shane Mumford 2012 AFL Grand Final Morning After - YouTube

(
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Every single player in a premiership year, not just the side on the day, for our club is a legend to me.

So to Mummy, thank you, you big, magnificent, brutal beast.

As an aside, no human being has ever been as drunk as he was the morning after at the fan day in Melbourne. Check this out

Shane Mumford 2012 AFL Grand Final Morning After - YouTube

(
    I dunno, I used to work on the basis of: still able to stand, still sober.

On Mumford, I did enjoy his work when he was with us. Just a shame that his partnership with Pyke didn't go on for a few more years, since at their best, it was very, very good. Both for getting the contested ball game moving, and for being a danger to opposition midfielders. Both of them were surprisingly quick off the mark, so opponents underestimated them at their own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post

(
    Matt Spangher! I’ve been trying to remember his name for weeks. Could have been a premiership legend