Page 94 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,117 to 1,128 of 1739

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Veteran Site Admin
    Not quite fair to say Perris has been "poached" by the Giants, given we cut him when Covid hit, but I do wish the Swans had been able to find a way to keep him.

Former Swans rookie joins crosstown rivals as an assistant

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Not quite fair to say Perris has been "poached" by the Giants, given we cut him when Covid hit, but I do wish the Swans had been able to find a way to keep him.

Former Swans rookie joins crosstown rivals as an assistant
    Yes, the little bits that I've read about him, have impressed me. He does seem to be smart and well liked. And I'm glad that he's now an assistant for their women's team; as I don't hold any grudges against them. Unlike their male team.

Senior Player
    Goodes talks about publishing his first book (for kids) and casually mentions that there's "a newborn arriving in the next few weeks."

Adam Goodes: ‘We can’t shy away from things when telling history’

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Goodes talks about publishing his first book (for kids) and casually mentions that there's "a newborn arriving in the next few weeks."

Adam Goodes: ‘We can’t shy away from things when telling history’
    This is actually his second book. The first was titled Kicking Goals. It was also a collaborative effort, but it was with Micky O. Anita Heiss might have had something to do with it, if my memory serves me well.

Last Saturday I saw K. Jack ordering his lunch from Queen Street Woollahra. I didn’t speak to him.

When I pass current or former Swans players I don’t speak to them.

What is the correct etiquette when you see a Swans player in a shop, on the beach or in a nightclub?

Should you engage them in conversation or leave them be?

What are peoples experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Last Saturday I saw K. Jack ordering his lunch from Queen Street Woollahra. I didn’t speak to him.

What is the correct etiquette when you see a Swans player in a shop, on the beach or in a nightclub?

I tend to do as you do and not bother them. A nod or hello while passing by I believe to be OK. But to corner them and start a conversation seems a bit rude. I have a had conversations with many famous people because they came to my bar or restaurant or were partying where I was partying and we met.

But to randomly walk up and start a conversation with someone, who probably just wants to get on with their day, seems a bit rude to me.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

I occasionally spot players. Usually I don't approach. Sometimes I do. Generally I have not been rebuffed or felt that my approach was an unwelcome intrusion.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar

It also depends on whether or not the courts have issued a restraining order that prohibits your approach.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Ryan O'Keeffe would coffee in Willunga S.A. at my coffee shop when he was with the Crows. The first time I greeted him with "Cheer, Cheer, Ryan. He laughed. Then we did it every Monday morn.

I think I do the exact opposite to most who have posted on here. I've never hesitated when approaching players. Sometimes the conversation lasts a minute or two. But there have been other times when the exchange has gone on for a while. I've had ripping conversations with Harry C, Reg, Wicks, AJ, Tippett, Davis, Bradshaw, Stephens and one of my favs ... LRT. People are people. We're all the same I find. I just remembered that one my funniest and memorable conversations was with Hayward. He's a pretty funny lad and up for a bit of mischief. At the moment, I'm keen to talk to Brandon about his book and writing process and may get the opportunity as he comes down this way a bit.

I’d imagine current players are off limits because of Covid

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I saw Teddy Richards on the street once, a coupe of years after he retired, towards and past each other and just said “the man who kicked Buddy’s arse in the grand final”, offered and got a fist bump, and kept walking. Rock on, Teddy, you legend.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say