Page 1 of 145 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Past players - what are they up to?

Dean Towers appointed playing coach of University of NSW-Eastern Suburbs joining Brandon Jack. Best of luck for 2019. Great that former Swans are remaining to bolster the local clubs.

Warming the Bench
    anyone know where our delisted have gone
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Good writeup about Towers’ new role:

‘Towers said he would be eternally grateful to Sydney for giving him an opportunity as a 22-year-old.

"It was just a great experience, and it will hold me in really good stead for the rest of my working life pretty much," he said.’

Delisted Swan signs as player/coach for Sydney club - AFL.com.au

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    anyone know where our delisted have gone
    Harry Marsh just signed with Subiaco in the WAFL.

I wonder why Brandon Jack isn't playing NEAFL - more commitment than he wants to make now that he knows he isn't going to make it as an AFL player and wants to focus on his studies etc? In Deano's case it's a bit clearer because he wants the opportunity to gain coaching experience. Pretty massive contributors for a Sydney AFL side!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I wonder why Brandon Jack isn't playing NEAFL - more commitment than he wants to make now that he knows he isn't going to make it as an AFL player and wants to focus on his studies etc? In Deano's case it's a bit clearer because he wants the opportunity to gain coaching experience. Pretty massive contributors for a Sydney AFL side!
    I remember when he got drafted his UAI was over 99, so probably has the brains to do whatever he wants.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    I remember when he got drafted his UAI was over 99, so probably has the brains to do whatever he wants.
    Probably should have read the press release before posting that!
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Kieran just got his MBA, and do I recall that his father was a pretty sharp tack as well? Seems like a bright family.

Probably should have read the press release before posting that!
    Lol! Although he wouldn't be the first muso to be bright and gifted academically. Just ask Dr Brian May or Dr Bryan Holland,

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Lol! Although he wouldn't be the first muso to be bright and gifted academically. Just ask Dr Brian May or Dr Bryan Holland,
    And Prof Brian Cox.

Actually, maybe it's all about being called Brian (however spelt).
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

My take away from Towers' comments is a sense of gratitude and zero claims of entitlement. I applaud the young man, who has just been delisted, yet carries himself with class. Wishing him every success as a prospective coach.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    My take away from Towers' comments is a sense of gratitude and zero claims of entitlement. I applaud the young man, who has just been delisted, yet carries himself with class. Wishing him every success as a prospective coach.
    Right on, man.

Page 1 of 145 123451151101 ... LastLast