Thread: Multiple ACL curse hits AFLW

Veteran Site Admin

Multiple ACL curse hits AFLW

I've just read that Isabel Huntingdon is feared to have ruptured an ACL for the third time. Although I don't watch much of the AFLW, I was watching the game last season when she injured it for the second time. I think it might have been her first game for the season (after returning from an ACL before she was drafted), and noticing how brilliant she was. She was threatening to win the game all on her own. And then a quarter or so later she was being carried off the ground with a knee injury.

It will be a real shame if she's done it again. I guess it's less than a year since she did it for the 2nd time (as that happened during the AFLW season) so she won't yet be all the way through her rehab. Maybe the very short AFLW season had her pushing a bit harder to pick up the training than an AFL player at the same stage of recovery might have done.

That is very sad and bad news. I too was watching when Isabel went down last year and she was indeed playing a brilliant game.

She is only 19 yo, hopefully she still will have a great career.

Veteran Site Admin
    AFLW: Dog relief with scans clearing young gun of ACL tear - AFL.com.au

Some good news. It's pretty unusual to have suspicions of an ACL tear not confirmed - generally the players and medics recognise the motion and "feel" and diagnose correctly.