Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2019 Co-Captains

I think they are thinking of transition. It's easier to transition the captaincy if the players in transition are already sharing the responsibility. The top down sort of leadership has been proven to be, in most businesses in the world, an absolute failure. While the corporations that employ that sort of methodology flourish for a while they generally at some point start to crumble under the maniacal decisions of a psychopathic CEO.

The most effective method of staying in front of the pack is to involve the workers and give them a sense of ownership. Give them a stake in the company. Shared leadership does this and by working this way these leaders develop the younger, enthusiastic worker group into a cohesive, stakeholder group. Top down leaders often need to be psychopaths to maintain control, power and manipulation. But when the workforce start to find them out confidence in the leader waivers, then collapses. Joey is not that type because he is a caring, individual who would take the responsibility to his fellow players very seriously. that sort of serious emotional investment is better shared.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    An interesting position wolfie. One of your more thoughtful interpretations.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    An interesting position wolfie. One of your more thoughtful interpretations.
    That year of psych comes in handy sometimes. Just read Forensic Victimology, most interesting. Next comes paraphelias

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

How come buddy is not in the leadership group?
    He's probably our most seasoned player.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    How come buddy is not in the leadership group?
    He's probably our most seasoned player.
    I don't think he wants to be. He leads on the field.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

ABSOLUTELY STOKED to have Dane Rampe recognised in this way! Love him. Such a great local boy made good and rags to riches (although not in a material sense) story too.

Overall I think the reason articulated was not that it was to help Joey or suggest he has not done well enough but to reward Parke and Rampe for their development and contributions.

An example of great leadership by Rampe in our last game was, when it was all over in the last quarter and we had had a miserable night and got flogged by the Giants, Rampe was still trying his absolute best and using all his cunning to put off the goalkickers while standing the mark. (With some success I might add.) I loved that he still appeared to be trying everything he could even though the game was done and dusted by then. Set a great example for the tiring bodies and minds around him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123