Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 49 to 57 of 57

Thread: AFLX......why, oh why?

  1. #49
    Veterans List aardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    5,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Not much interested in the AFLW either.
    The Demons V Freo game on the weekend was one of the better games I've seen. You should give it a try.
    AFLW Match Replay - AFL.com.au

  2. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Absolute joke.

    Having a team of just indigenous is just so wrong and racist. Sorry you can't play with Eddie and his team because you are white.
    Absolutely. You would think that Gil The Dil would be promoting integration and not segregation in the year 2019. Not that anyone will be watching this trash anyway.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    There's a live (as in on TV) draft? Let me know when it is, as I wouldn't want to miss such a signal event!
    Apparently it's on TV tonight. Can you imagine how cheesy it will be? Also, it's not really live, the draft was done earlier, last night I believe. Oh, the suspense!

  3. #51
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,064
    I wonder how many of our players will be selected? I have a feeling Heeney will be.

  4. #52
    Veteran Site Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    14,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I wonder how many of our players will be selected? I have a feeling Heeney will be.
    Depends on who the club has made available. Agree that Heeney is likely. He’s very marketable. If I were selecting I’d favour Ramos. Has a skill set suited to the game and showed last year he can kick long range goals.

  5. #53
    Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chucked into the ruck
    Posts
    15,051
    So far it’s Heeney (Flyers) and Parker (Bolts)

    Edit: now Aliir (Flyers)

    Edit 2: Kennedy also to the Flyers! Is captain Fyfe a closet Swans fan. Not sure JPK has the skills that suit AFLX
    Last edited by ugg; 6th February 2019 at 07:56 PM.

  6. #54
    Senior Player Bloody Hell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    2,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I'm holding out for the AFLGBTQ games.
    I love it when they add a new letter to that acronym, it's so much fun guessing what it stands for.

    Let me see.... Queenslander?
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

  7. #55
    scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    peaches eaten, trousers rolled
    Posts
    9,430
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    So far it’s Heeney (Flyers) and Parker (Bolts)

    Edit: now Aliir (Flyers)

    Edit 2: Kennedy also to the Flyers! Is captain Fyfe a closet Swans fan. Not sure JPK has the skills that suit AFLX
    I did wonder the same thing for JPK, he might look a tad slow in this format. I briefly thought that he might be the ruckman if nobody has picked up too many bigs.

    Hope they have fun.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

  8. #56
    Veteran Site Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    14,203
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I did wonder the same thing for JPK, he might look a tad slow in this format. I briefly thought that he might be the ruckman if nobody has picked up too many bigs.

    Hope they have fun.
    JPK is actually short compared to the rest of the midfielders on that team- Fyfe himself, Bontempelli, Pendlebury. And Fyfe picked three key defenders too in Rance, Aliir and Hurley, plus true key position height forward in Cameron. Very tall team.

  9. #57
    scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    peaches eaten, trousers rolled
    Posts
    9,430
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    JPK is actually short compared to the rest of the midfielders on that team- Fyfe himself, Bontempelli, Pendlebury. And Fyfe picked three key defenders too in Rance, Aliir and Hurley, plus true key position height forward in Cameron. Very tall team.
    I think I'm just looking for a logical reason to pick him for something like this.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO