Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: AFLX......why, oh why?

Veterans List

AFLX......why, oh why?

All of us here on RWO know how stupid and unrealistic this league is and that it doesn't like backing down from silly decisions or even admitting mistakes but why oh why do they persist with this stupid concept......and how long do you think it will last? I truly hope this is the last time we see this 'mickey mouse' crap that no one likes or respects.....

Have the four AFLX captains revealed their team logos? - AFL.com.au

They have changed the concept to four teams picked 'schoolyard style' by 4 predetermined captains, namely Patrick Dangerfield, Nat Fyfe, Eddie Betts and Jack Riewoldt. Who @@@@ing cares?!! It's still totally irrelevant to serious footy fans and no one cares!! Get over yourselves and your lust for money or 'whatever it is you are seeking' AFL, this is a waste of everyone's time and hard earned.....
    Last edited by stevoswan; 16th December 2018 at 01:08 PM.

I’ll care if any of our blokes are injured in the circus

Veterans List
    Buddy was meant to be one of the captains but obviously can't due to his injury. Looks like Betts is replacing him. Hopefully these captains don't rate our players and none are picked! I don't want any injuries...we have had enough injured players the last couple of years.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I’ll care if any of our blokes are injured in the circus
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Buddy was meant to be one of the captains but obviously can't due to his injury. Looks like Betts is replacing him. Hopefully these captains don't rate our players and none are picked! I don't want any injuries...we have had enough injured players the last couple of years.
    Amen to both those posts!

Seeing it is only on for 1 night I probably will watch (but not with great expectations).

Add me to the disinterest in the concept and concern about the potential for injury.

I found the games boring last year with just a flutter of interest in the Swans matches. But now they’ve gone for ‘choose your player’, fancy logos & colours and I assume trite names .....

This mock rivalry between an expanded, longer BBL competition (hope that blows up in CA’s face as well) and this imitator AFLX comp is pretty immature.

Oh dear god. What are the afl thinking with this. Happy if no Sydney players picked.

Veterans List
    Just saw it on the AFL website, what cringeworthy poo. I don't know who could possibly be interested in such a shallow concept although the 10 point super goals, pre comp "draft" and the woopee logos did get me excited - not!

Happy if all of our likely players have niggling injuries at the time

What is really sad is the amount of money that the VFL are wasting on this, imagine how many staff at HQ spend their entire year dreaming up this stuff instead of doing worthwhile work.

I love the schoolyard pick system - if it is genuine.
    That's about all my interest
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Cringe.

Why do all the team names and logos look like gatorade flavours

The Deadlys

Enough said...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

What garbage. I hated it this year, and will hate it more next.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast