Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Andrew Ireland - what a legacy

  1. #1
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Crowland :-(
    Posts
    3,496

    Andrew Ireland - what a legacy

    Great piece up on the Swans website written by current Sydney Swans Chairman Andrew Pridham and former Chairman Richard Colless, a great read.

    Good to hear that Andrew Ireland will continue as a Board member despite moving up to Brisbane. I know every one of us thanks Andrew from the bottom of our hearts for what he has created for us, well done, a club we can be very proud of.

  2. #2
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    2,992
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Great piece up on the Swans website written by current Sydney Swans Chairman Andrew Pridham and former Chairman Richard Colless, a great read.

    Good to hear that Andrew Ireland will continue as a Board member despite moving up to Brisbane. I know every one of us thanks Andrew from the bottom of our hearts for what he has created for us, well done, a club we can be very proud of.
    Hear, Hear!! Today is his last day as a Swans employee. Here is a link to that article: Ireland's final farewell - sydneyswans.com.au

    Also on this page is footage of an interview with Mike Sheahan, 'A Life In Football'. It is well worth watching. There is a 23 minute version followed by the full 56 minute interview. I watched the 23 minute one.....it is great. Andrew is such a humble man and it is easy to see why he, along with others, brought sustained success to our club.

    He will be missed. I wish him much joy spending more time with his grandchildren in Brisbane. A Swans Legend!
    Last edited by stevoswan; 21st December 2018 at 06:21 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    2,992
    I must add that the last part of this article: Changing of the guard: Ireland farewells Swans - sydneyswans.com.au

    .....makes me very confident our club is still in good hands under Andrew's replacement, Tom Harley.

    Ireland made sure Harley prioritised his role with the football department until the 2018 season – including this season's trade and draft periods - were over, but since then the pair have locked down on making the transition a smooth one.

    Harley said that with Ireland remaining on the Sydney board next year and regularly visiting the harbour city with his other business and sporting interests, his influence on the Swans will continue.

    "We've spent quite a few hours going over some things that you 'only know if you know' and that’s been incredibly helpful," he said.

    "Some people might not want to move into this role with the predecessor as close as what Andrew is going to be, but while I'll be looking to find my own way going forward, I see having him still on the board as a really significant positive for myself and the club.

    "He knows the game and the club inside out and the role he's played in my development can't be understated.

    "This club has built a good reputation over a long period of time and that is intrinsically linked to its culture and its people, and its performance on the field.

    "Those sorts of things should never be taken for granted so they have to be right at the top of the list of key priorities for me."

  4. #4
    Very sad to lose Andrew. The worst thing about losing him is that McGuire hates him with a passion (because we got Davis) and he was gutsy enough to tell that @@@@@ where to stick it.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    [B]
    Also on this page is footage of an interview with Mike Sheahan, 'A Life In Football'. It is well worth watching. There is a 23 minute version followed by the full 56 minute interview.
    Where do we find the 56 minute version? Can you post link? 23 minute version definitely worth watching.

  6. #6
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    2,992
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Where do we find the 56 minute version? Can you post link? 23 minute version definitely worth watching.
    There is no direct link to the longer one. At the end of the 23 minute version, the 56 minute version automatically starts, so just skip to the end of the 23 minute version....

  7. #7
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    2,992
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    There is no direct link to the longer one. At the end of the 23 minute version, the 56 minute version automatically starts, so just skip to the end of the 23 minute version....
    It's changed again.....they've added some other vids in. Just keep going to the end of each subsequent vid and it eventually arrives at the full length interview.

  8. #8
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    231

  9. #9
    Thanks guys!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO