Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Inter-club Match 2019 v GWS @ Blacktown Fri 22/2 9:30am

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Disappointed and unimpressed!

Reading this thread I was confused whether we are talking about the intraclub match or the inter-club match v GWS. Now I've checked the club website. It turns out the intra-club match at Henson park at 5 pm is being replaced by a scratch match against GWS at BISP in the morning.

If it was the GWS match that was being rescheduled/cancelled I would be less disappointed. We'll play them at least another 3 times this year. However the intraclub is always marketed as an event for fans and fixtured at a friendly time and venue. It's also the main opportunity to see our whole list in action and see players competing for spots go head to head against each other.

Cancelling at such late notice is poor form. I had planned to go with my young son, his little mate and a friend of my own. Now I have to tell them all it's cancelled.
    I agree. Although the hit out against GWS will be good the timing of the change and the time of the game make the whole thing unpalatable.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Friday 9:30 at Blacktown ? That’s going to be worse than the usual NEAFL crowd number.
    Yep. How do I get there? Public transport to Doonside or Rooty Hill stations? Then walk from there? Long walk for people who have been more then mildly ill like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Intra-club moved - sydneyswans.com.au - It does not look good. Poor planning? Poor Management? New football manager? Longmire said, " We only have 26 players and four taking part in AFLX, so it would have been challenging to field competitive teams for an intra-club match.” When did the Club know about the number of players available? A few new injuries recently? I have been to the Intra-Club matches in the past. There were top-ups from the Academy. We all understood. But the new arrangement is no good and the announcement is too late ! AFLX was scheduled on that day well ahead! “We understand it’s not the ideal time if you’re working or going to school, but certainly fans are still welcome to come out and support the players and it will be terrific if they can,” Longmire said. --Not Happy!
    Maybe the AFL told the clubs they could not conflict with X

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Regular in the Side

Just heard the news.

It is a shame I really enjoy watching intra club matches at Henson and was looking forward to Friday. It is a nice atmosphere, I like walking around seeing the match from different positions and getting a first look at the new draftees.
    Last edited by SeanM; 20th February 2019 at 01:31 PM.

Veterans List
    There are a few teams playing practice matches this week at strange times. I wonder if the AFL had a quiet word to clubs about the matches not clashing with AFLX.

I know the change in time is not fan friendly but at least we are able to attend if we are able and we can watch the game online. Geelong and North played a practice match today behind closed doors. Supporters weren't able to attend. My brother wasn't happy and he said it just added to a long list of things that Geelong have done to show contempt to members.

Veterans List
    So North and Geelong lock out everyone from seeing what they're up to, but they know what each other is doing. It's not like a lock out for training or internal practice match where only club people get to see, go figure!

Regular in the Side
    Well apart from the four wasting their time in the AFLX we will be missing the following eight against GWS. That still leaves another eight I think that are unavailable but not on the injury list. My guess is that it would include McVeigh, Melican, Amartey, and Lloyd but after that I don't know who else might not be considered. Maybe the rookies Reynolds, Bell, Pink and Wicks are not considered players!

Lance Franklin Groin 4-8 weeks
    Kieren Jack Knee TBC
    Zak Jones Knee TBC
    Matthew Ling Toe Indefinite
    Daniel Menzel Groin 4-8 weeks
    Sam Naismith Knee 7-9 weeks
    Nick Smith Hamstring 4-8 weeks
    Durak Tucker Knee Indefinite

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Well apart from the four wasting their time in the AFLX we will be missing the following eight against GWS. That still leaves another eight I think that are unavailable but not on the injury list. My guess is that it would include McVeigh, Melican, Amartey, and Lloyd but after that I don't know who else might not be considered. Maybe the rookies Reynolds, Bell, Pink and Wicks are not considered players!

Lance Franklin Groin 4-8 weeks
    Kieren Jack Knee TBC
    Zak Jones Knee TBC
    Matthew Ling Toe Indefinite
    Daniel Menzel Groin 4-8 weeks
    Sam Naismith Knee 7-9 weeks
    Nick Smith Hamstring 4-8 weeks
    Durak Tucker Knee Indefinite
    Zac and Kizza must have done knees at training as they were out in the middle of it all not long back.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast