Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Swans Inter-club Match 2019 v GWS @ Blacktown Fri 22/2 9:30am

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post

Also seems that Mumford the Thug is back.
    Retaliatory action, probably should have got a free for high contact/around the neck but his reaction was typically quite extreme, Hewitt went down like a sack of spuds. Mummy will no doubt be reported at some stage this season.

Just watched , a fair bit to like . Blakeys goal kicking action is a thing of beauty . James Rowbottom was really solid for a first year player and I can see him getting some games. Mcinerney had glimpses of real dash in the second half and managed to execute his kicks well at pace on occasion. Florent and Hayward have definitely bulked up and looked good out there. Reg and Melican looking sharp down back too. Also thought Pink and maibaum both showed a bit. Oh and Mills looked right at home in the middle . Some good signs there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I think all the young blokes have bulked up. Hayward looks a monster.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk
    It's really noticeable. Pink has a great physique. The one that is most noticeably larger is George Hewitt
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    It's really noticeable. Pink has a great physique. The one that is most noticeably larger is George Hewitt
    Yes. I thought Florent too.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    At times Hewitt resembled JPK at the centre bounces.....grabbing the ball and literally muscling himself free to dish off. I'm liking what I'm seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Swans IT department too busy fixing the player profiles.
    LOL. From 2017?

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Also seems that Mumford the Thug is back.
    M'eh, I'm no apologist but there wasn't much in it. More a push than a hit. And frankly George was all over him like [a prominent Australian who cannot be named] on a choirboy, and kind of deserved it. Had an opposing player been hanging on to our ruckman like that I'd have been pleading Just Desserts.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Swans Squad

1. James Rose - not very clean

4. Ryan Clarke - only played second half and was ok without being a standout

6. Jackson Thurlow - didn’t notice jackson much as Rampe, Grundy and Melican tended to dominate......in attack jackson was outplayed by McInerney. I suppose Thurlow will get more outside game time in the next game

7. Harry Cunningham - very strong game and same as last season drifted between wing and HBF for exits and played very well

8. James Rowbottom - a reall young warrior quite like Parker at same age......more 2020 I think but he is a goer that is for sure

9. Will Hayward - Solid

11. Tom Papley - really mature game from Tom. All class

13. Oliver Florent - wow Ollie really is quick with his change of pace. Good inside outside game today

14. Callum Mills - impressed with his midfield time and will be midfield I suspect this season. Depends a little on Thurlow being the player we need off HBF

17. Darcy Cameron - good game got injured on the knee ?

21. Jack Maibaum - solid and good closing speed. Played fairly direct and tried to play on. A little forced but gave it a go

22. Nick Blakey - well he certainly put his hand up for a spot in the 22 for rd1. Classy, athletic, great kicking today

24. Dane Rampe - super strong

27. Justin McInerney - a real goer and tough. Nice touch and vision today also. Very exciting prospect for the future and maybe some 2019 snr games

29. George Hewett - solid as always

31. Harry Reynolds - limiter time. Tried very hard

32. James Bell - obviously outside player but needs to find his tenacity and back himself

33. Ryley Stoddart - same again as bell...... limited time and floated in and out of the game

34. Jordan Dawson - like blakey will be close to the best 22. Just so confusing where to play Jordan but he has lifted again and must be a 12 snr game plus player in 2019

38. Colin O’RIORDAN - solid but will struggle to get much snr time vs the other backs available

39. Heath Grundy - strong game back

42. Robbie Fox - very adaptable player and can see why we kept him over Robbo or towers

43. Lewis Melican - good First game back. Solid

44. Jake Lloyd - picked up where he left off. Critical player for us

45. Sam Wicks - good pressure. Limited minutes

47. Toby Pink - gives everything a go......improved a little from last season. Supposedly injured a lot last two years
    Great assessment AG. Not surprised about Rose. I think he'll be a great NEAFL player but he can't handle seniors speed and intensity. Happy to see Paps did well. Did he play midfield or forward?

Pushing for Selection
    Some pics from today's game for anyone interested via carter_capture on Instagram and follow the link in the profile (cant post URL here unfortunately).

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Just watched , a fair bit to like . Blakeys goal kicking action is a thing of beauty . James Rowbottom was really solid for a first year player and I can see him getting some games. Mcinerney had glimpses of real dash in the second half and managed to execute his kicks well at pace on occasion. Florent and Hayward have definitely bulked up and looked good out there. Reg and Melican looking sharp down back too. Also thought Pink and maibaum both showed a bit. Oh and Mills looked right at home in the middle . Some good signs there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty much sums it up. I also thought Cameron was great in the first half and dominated Mumford. That pack mark in the Goal square was special. Mumford dominated the second half but was mostly rucking against Dawson. Blakey 50 meters out and on the boundary line, no problems. Was getting excited about 2019, then I hear McCartin has serious concussion and future is in doubt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Pretty much sums it up. I also thought Cameron was great in the first half and dominated Mumford. That pack mark in the Goal square was special. Mumford dominated the second half but was mostly rucking against Dawson. Blakey 50 meters out and on the boundary line, no problems. Was getting excited about 2019, then I hear McCartin has serious concussion and future is in doubt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Would like to add COR, Maibaum and Fox to that list defensively. I thought Foxy was clean and explosive. He sure has a good jump too and did well against Mummy in the last quarter.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Oh forgot to mention Nick Davis remains fitter than he was as a player

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast