Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Inter-club Match 2019 v GWS @ Blacktown Fri 22/2 9:30am

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Regular in the Side

Swans Inter-club Match 2019 v GWS @ Blacktown Fri 22/2 9:30am

According to Swans set for intra-club match - sydneyswans.com.au, the date will be 22 Feb 2019. The same date for the AFLX match in Melbourne. So no Swans will be drafted to participate in the AFLX or we will miss up to 4 top players in the Intra-Club Match?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    According to Swans set for intra-club match - sydneyswans.com.au, the date will be 22 Feb 2019. The same date for the AFLX match in Melbourne. So no Swans will be drafted to participate in the AFLX or we will miss up to 4 top players in the Intra-Club Match?
    Hmmm, I'm wondering now, if our officials had a similar level of interest in AFLX as most fans, and therefore just forgot that it was on?

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Hmmm, I'm wondering now, if our officials had a similar level of interest in AFLX as most fans, and therefore just forgot that it was on?
    Probably. I know the club has not really said anything about AFLX and other than the AFL advertising there has been nothing on our website.

Dammit! I love going to this every year but I won't be back from an interstate work trip in time.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Regular in the Side
    Intra-club moved - sydneyswans.com.au
    Details:

Inter Club Practice Match

Sydney Swans v GWS Giants

Friday 22 February, 9:30am

Blacktown International Sports Park
    Last edited by Aaron; 18th February 2019 at 06:26 PM.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Friday 9:30 at Blacktown ? That’s going to be worse than the usual NEAFL crowd number.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Friday 9:30 at Blacktown ? That’s going to be worse than the usual NEAFL crowd number.
    Yep. How do I get there? Public transport to Doonside or Rooty Hill stations? Then walk from there? Long walk for people who have been more then mildly ill like me.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    Intra-club moved - sydneyswans.com.au - It does not look good. Poor planning? Poor Management? New football manager? Longmire said, " We only have 26 players and four taking part in AFLX, so it would have been challenging to field competitive teams for an intra-club match.” When did the Club know about the number of players available? A few new injuries recently? I have been to the Intra-Club matches in the past. There were top-ups from the Academy. We all understood. But the new arrangement is no good and the announcement is too late ! AFLX was scheduled on that day well ahead! “We understand it’s not the ideal time if you’re working or going to school, but certainly fans are still welcome to come out and support the players and it will be terrific if they can,” Longmire said. --Not Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Intra-club moved - sydneyswans.com.au - It does not look good. Poor planning? Poor Management? New football manager? Longmire said, " We only have 26 players and four taking part in AFLX, so it would have been challenging to field competitive teams for an intra-club match.” When did the Club know about the number of players available? A few new injuries recently? I have been to the Intra-Club matches in the past. There were top-ups from the Academy. We all understood. But the new arrangement is no good and the announcement is too late ! AFLX was scheduled on that day well ahead! “We understand it’s not the ideal time if you’re working or going to school, but certainly fans are still welcome to come out and support the players and it will be terrific if they can,” Longmire said. --Not Happy!
    Maybe the AFL told the clubs they could not conflict with X

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Timing is to suit the club, they are probably pist about the stupid AFLX lobbing right on top of the preseason timeline. Fitness guys are the ones who dictate the macro timing, not practical to move it far enough back or forward to allow AFLX players to play. It has nothing to do with poor planning/management or new football manager.

As for day, time and venue, it's done to suit the club not the fans and in this case we need to work in with GWS as per Longmire comment "due to the scheduling commitments of both teams"
    Last edited by 707; 19th February 2019 at 08:22 AM.

Senior Player
    Concerning that we only have 26 match fit players at this stage of the preseason

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Concerning that we only have 26 match fit players at this stage of the preseason
    18 not ready for a full game :-(

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast