Page 101 of 521 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,212 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I'm in favour of HB. He has the talent. His character is the question mark for me.
    More trouble than a fox in the chicken coop.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I would say Coniglio is going. He hasnt signed yet, and the Giants are making noises about player retention.
    Put 1 and 1 together and you get 2. ie. they want more retention powers to retain Coniglio. (which they wont get in time).

So GWS will get a pretty good pick for Cogs, and make getting green and any other academy players they want easier.
    If Cogs goes, I cant see GWS interested in any trades with Sydney. If they have retention issues with Victoria, why let a player go who is happy to stay in Sydney.?
    Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    More trouble than a fox in the chicken coop.
    I'm intrigued by the potential damage this fox could do on the field to the opposition.

I don't think he'd have a negative effect on our culture (even if he were to stuff up). Our club will show players the door if they carry on. They've done this in the past. I do think that the culture of our club could have a positive impact though.

If HB is to get another opportunity at any club, it depends on whether has the fortitude to be a responsible player.

I would be open to a medical and a conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    Just did the ladder predictor and we came third last. Knightmare has Rowell as third pick behind Anderson and Green. Make it happen!

We just need Carlton to keep going on their winning ways.

Hopefully Suns don't get a priority pick. Timing would suck even if warranted.
    I'd love it to happen but it won't :-(. GWS will match any bid on Green and Melbourne will then select Rowell or Anderson. It grinds my gears that Melbourne are going to add another gun to their list when their ladder position is the result of poor management and not their poor playing list.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post
    Round 22 - Melbourne v Sydney, looms as a crucial clash to see who can get pick 2!

The Suns don't need more kids. They need more money for better staff, better infrastructure and better experienced players who can make a difference to them.
    The Rowell Cup?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    The Rowell Cup?
    Be the first time in more than a decade that Carlton hasn't been one of the combatants in these "Cups", it has won every previous time!

Not sure about Francis. He's a high draft pick but still struggling to become a regular in the Essendon side in his 4th year. He's only played 23 games. He's also more of an interceptor than a one on one defender.

Brad Crouch on the other hand

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Not sure about Francis. He's a high draft pick but still struggling to become a regular in the Essendon side in his 4th year. He's only played 23 games. He's also more of an interceptor than a one on one defender.

Brad Crouch on the other hand
    There's been talk all season about The Crows offloading one of the Crouch's. As usual, they'll probably want to head home to Victoria and someone like Hawthorn will reap the benefits as usual.

It seems that the only very good players that we can attract are;
    * Players we offer overs to (Buddy and Tippett - isn't going to happen),
    * Players getting away from the limelight (Buddy and Plugger), or
    * Players wanting to come home (Davis - extremely rare).
    There are very few players that fit this bill.

We are going to have to pick the eyes out of who is available and pick a player that isn't getting the opportunities at his current club.

Senior Player
    There's been talk all season about The Crows offloading one of the Crouch's. As usual, they'll probably want to head home to Victoria and someone like Hawthorn will reap the benefits as usual.

We are going to have to pick the eyes out of who is available and pick a player that isn't getting the opportunities at his current club.
    * Players underappreciated by their club and the market (Joey)

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    * Players underappreciated by their club and the market (Joey)
    I think we have one one our list already...Clark. I think he's going to turn out well.

I agree with the last sentence. To my mind, that's been the Swans way. Outside of key forwards. We have a pretty long track record of trading for "stars" even if it doesn't always go according to plan (Tippo). We will have to think soon enough about a replacement for Buddy. I don't think any one on our books has the makings of the number 1 forward.

I had another thought re: Gold Coast. There's been all this talk of Burgoyne being Gold Coast's "Hodge". But Hodge went to the Lions because of his connection to Chris Fagan. So logically it should be a Swans player who becomes the equivalent at GCS. Then I started thinking, which current Swan would be the Hodge of Gold Coast, and only one name came to mind. MACCA!

Well I also wondered about Joey Kennedy!

Invitees to the draft combine;
    AFL announce 79-man Draft Combine invite list | Zero Hanger

Slim pickings in NSW, especially compared to Vic, WA and SA which is evidence that we need assistance.

Some scouts are suggesting that Rowell is better than Sam Walsh. Shame we didn't lose a few more games.
    Last edited by S.S. Bleeder; 31st July 2019 at 10:54 PM.