Page 104 of 521 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,237 to 1,248 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Feel free to edit

——-

2020 GAINS
    Barry O'Connor (2020)
    2020 LOSSES
    Heath Grundy (retired), Jarrad McVeigh (retired)
    RE-SIGNED
    Nick Blakey (2022), Harry Cunningham (2022), Justin McInerney (2022), Colin O'Riordan (2021), Dane Rampe (2022), Harry Reynolds (2022), James Rowbottom (2022), Callum Sinclair (2021), Jordan Dawson (2021)

OFF CONTRACT 2019 and KEEPERS
    Joel Amartey
    James Bell
    Ryan Clarke
    Robbie Fox
    Kieren Jack
    Zak Jones
    Michael Knoll
    Hayden McLean
    Daniel Menzel
    Toby Pink
    Nick Smith
    Durak Tucker

LET GO -
    Cameron ?
    Rose ?
    Maibaum ?
    Thurlow ?
    Hirst ?
    Grundy - retired
    Macca - retired

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    The advantage of Dawson off the HBF / qtr back role via short kicking darts under pressure was simple lovely to watch on the wknd

In particular our exits out of our own half in the first qtr were so quick that gws really couldnt set up in defence

So looking forward to minimum 50% of the game Jordan Dawson setting up play off our HBF for many years to come
    We just need two of him, or Rampe freed up to play a more offensive role.

Nice list there. I agree with most of it but I think that Jack and Fox may also go. I will be interested to see what they do with Nick Smith. Ditto with Menzell. I dont think Thurlow will last. Cameron surely will definitely go? Of course, Zac Jones is a flight risk so let's see how that one works out at year's end. I expect around 10 list changes reflecting our disappointing season despite the promise of our youngsters, together with retirements of the backbone of our last flag team.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I’d be surprised if the Gold Coast dont step up and put in a serious bid for Jones and probably offer a fairly compelling trade

No1 for no4/5 plus Jones ?

Would u take it given we are a couple years off a window and that melb in 2yrs could take Jones off us anyway ?

Gold Coast need another snr midfielder ASAP more so then a 18yr old and jones like his surfing and maybe a $750k pa contract

Senior Player
    The advantage of Dawson off the HBF / qtr back role via short kicking darts under pressure was simple lovely to watch on the wknd

In particular our exits out of our own half in the first qtr were so quick that gws really couldnt set up in defence

So looking forward to minimum 50% of the game Jordan Dawson setting up play off our HBF for many years to come
    Potential to be better than Malceski. Bigger and better mark and equally as good a kick

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Nice list there. I agree with most of it but I think that Jack and Fox may also go. I will be interested to see what they do with Nick Smith. Ditto with Menzell. I dont think Thurlow will last. Cameron surely will definitely go? Of course, Zac Jones is a flight risk so let's see how that one works out at year's end. I expect around 10 list changes reflecting our disappointing season despite the promise of our youngsters, together with retirements of the backbone of our last flag team.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I agree with all of that.

I'd take a reasonable/near reasonable offer for Jones. Mid-late first round, for example. His hard running and tackling are great and he's curbed his aggression. But his short kicking through the midfield is too error prone to be elite and it's an area we really need to improve. Also, he doesn't win one on one marking contests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Potential to be better than Malceski. Bigger and better mark and equally as good a kick
    Yes, also clutch.

Senior Player
    Interesting to consider when looking at the stats on the AFL just how close to “average” the Swans are even though we sit 15th on the ladder . It’s bizarre how we are either right on or within a couple of % of the competition average.
    A couple of stats that reflect the general consensus on this site we are at 30 compared to 39 for the competition average for hit outs and 34 to 38 for clearances. Everything else is pretty close. I think we are possibly the best 15th placed side the competition has had for a few years. I think the futures so bright ........ well you know the rest 😀

I’d be surprised if the Gold Coast dont step up and put in a serious bid for Jones and probably offer a fairly compelling trade

No1 for no4/5 plus Jones ?

Would u take it given we are a couple years off a window and that melb in 2yrs could take Jones off us anyway ?

Gold Coast need another snr midfielder ASAP more so then a 18yr old and jones like his surfing and maybe a $750k pa contract
    They aren't going to offer pick 1 for Jones. He's out of contract so could walk to another club for nothing in the PSD. I would imagine the risk of being picked up by GCS is what might force a trade if he doesn't stay.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Interesting to consider when looking at the stats on the AFL just how close to “average” the Swans are even though we sit 15th on the ladder . It’s bizarre how we are either right on or within a couple of % of the competition average.
    A couple of stats that reflect the general consensus on this site we are at 30 compared to 39 for the competition average for hit outs and 34 to 38 for clearances. Everything else is pretty close. I think we are possibly the best 15th placed side the competition has had for a few years. I think the futures so bright ........ well you know the rest 😀
    I think that makes sense because the only team that blew us away was gws early in the year. The Tigers and Brisbane games we didn't look like winning, however in my opinion we have been a chance in all other games.

That's why I'm looking forward to next year with our youngsters now getting experience.

My version. I reckon there could be a brutal off-season clearout.
    ——-

2020 GAINS
    Barry O'Connor (2020)

2020 TRADE REQUIREMENTS
    AFL capable ruckman
    KPD
    Ball winning midfielders
    Small forward

2020 LOSSES
    Heath Grundy (retired), Jarrad McVeigh (retired), Kieren Jack (retired), Nick Smith (retired), Darcy Cameron (traded), James Rose (delisted), Jackson Thurlow (delisted), Cody Hirst (delisted),

RE-SIGNED
    Nick Blakey (2022), Harry Cunningham (2022), Justin McInerney (2022), Colin O'Riordan (2021), Dane Rampe (2022), Harry Reynolds (2022), James Rowbottom (2022), Callum Sinclair (2021), Jordan Dawson (2021)

Ryan Clarke
    Hayden McLean
    Daniel Menzel

FUTURE UNCERTAIN
    James Bell
    Joel Amartey
    Robbie Fox
    Zak Jones
    Michael Knoll
    Jack Maibaum
    Toby Pink
    Durak Tucker

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    They aren't going to offer pick 1 for Jones. He's out of contract so could walk to another club for nothing in the PSD. I would imagine the risk of being picked up by GCS is what might force a trade if he doesn't stay.
    Important to really try and keep him. Quick, aggressive and his tank is improving. Takes the game on under instructions I reckon. Would seriously miss him.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    My version. I reckon there could be a brutal off-season clearout.
    ——-

2020 GAINS
    Barry O'Connor (2020)

2020 TRADE REQUIREMENTS
    AFL capable ruckman
    KPD
    Ball winning midfielders
    Small forward

2020 LOSSES
    Heath Grundy (retired), Jarrad McVeigh (retired), Kieren Jack (retired), Nick Smith (retired), Darcy Cameron (traded), James Rose (delisted), Jackson Thurlow (delisted), Cody Hirst (delisted),

RE-SIGNED

Ryan Clarke
    Hayden McLean
    Daniel Menzel

FUTURE UNCERTAIN
    James Bell
    Joel Amartey
    Robbie Fox
    Zak Jones
    Michael Knoll
    Jack Maibaum
    Toby Pink
    Durak Tucker
    Fox is worth keeping. Role player with versatility and reasonably quick.