Page 115 of 521 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,369 to 1,380 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    ? The Gold Coast is in the same position as us.
    If we r in the same position as gold coast then things are a lot worse than I realise.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    If we r in the same position as gold coast then things are a lot worse than I realise.
    Do I have spell everything out for you Barry? They're in the same position as us in relation to the go home factor.

Quote Originally Posted by tlock View Post
    I hope Zak Jones goes out the door, please please please. The Swans will be better off without him in the long-run. Always turning the ball over and useless during finals footy. He only plays his best footy on the last year of his contract.
    We certainly need to be brave in the coming few trade periods. It is clear that without some key injections into the team, we are not going to challenge for a flag anytime soon. The question is how do we maximise trades and who has currency on our list.
    The Lions are a great example of clever trading that has taken their team to a whole new level. When they got rid of Rockliff and Reddan, many up here were shaking their heads, given these two were the chief accumulators in the lions midfield. They had impressive numbers but ultimately, the team was stuck at the bottom. I can't remember what they got for them but you could definitely argue they were brave trades for a bottom team to make at the time. Adding Cameron and McCarthy has been a master stroke, as has bringing in Neale and Lyons. With Zorko, Rich and Andrews, the side has an experienced nucleus to take the heat off the younger guys.
    We need to approach our rebuild in a similar manner. If guys like Jones and Papley want to leave or attract serious bids, then we will need to at least consider what's on the table, as unpalatable as it might seem at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Do I have spell everything out for you Barry? They're in the same position as us in relation to the go home factor.
    They are not. Evidence is the very high number of players who have left including captains. Have we lost a captain?

But as the likes of Josh Kennedy head into the twilight of their careers, Bell could be the exact type of player the Swans require.

“We need another inside mid with a bit of speed — and he’s got some legs on him,” Beatson said.

—-

Interesting comments re what the Sydney swans need / want Re their inside mid rotation

I wonder how wide our search is for this type of player ?

I wonder if they don’t see Jones playing this role ?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    But as the likes of Josh Kennedy head into the twilight of their careers, Bell could be the exact type of player the Swans require.

“We need another inside mid with a bit of speed — and he’s got some legs on him,” Beatson said.

—-

Interesting comments re what the Sydney swans need / want Re their inside mid rotation

I wonder how wide our search is for this type of player ?

I wonder if they don’t see Jones playing this role ?
    Source, AG? It was interesting that Jones played forward more than usual yesterday. A problem with this is that his set shot kicking isn't great. I didn't see it as a great sign for him.

The way horse answered in the after match interview re Kieran Jack ..........to me it sounds like KJ is unlikely to play next year

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    The way horse answered in the after match interview re Kieran Jack ..........to me it sounds like KJ is unlikely to play next year
    I think Horse was emphatic that KJ would not be on the list next year. Brutal.

Senior Player
    Two points.
    Firstly, I'm a bit surprised that anyone would think Jack would be playing in 2020. He's hardly made any impression this season.. He's been a great servant, but cooked.
    Secondly, Kennedy has gone downhill the same way Taigh Kenneally did...suddenly and irreversibly. He'll be there next year, but a shadow of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Two points.
    Firstly, I'm a bit surprised that anyone would think Jack would be playing in 2020. He's hardly made any impression this season.. He's been a great servant, but cooked.
    Secondly, Kennedy has gone downhill the same way Taigh Kenneally did...suddenly and irreversibly. He'll be there next year, but a shadow of himself.
    I have to agree re Kennedy. Not sure what role he plays next year , but I think we need to reduce his on ball minutes. It appears all these years at the coal face have caught up with him. Mills needs to take his spot in the middle. I don’t care if that leaves a hole in defence , better to try and win if first from the middle then defend wave after wave from the backline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk