Page 120 of 521 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,429 to 1,440 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

I do expect the Swans to be ruthless and bold come the end of the season. 2019 has been a poor season and heads will roll as a consequence. I expect some surprises in who is traded out.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Amazing considering our midfield 3 years ago. I know there has been a lot of unforeseen circumstances but our recruiters need to seriously have a look at themselves. Went from undisputedly the best midfield in the comp to arguably the worst. (and we missed out on Dunkley...)
    I think Dunkley’s dad was dirty that he didn’t get a coaching gig, so we probably blew that option way back. However, It’s been clear for the last few years that we needed more class in the midfield, but it’s not easy to get talent when players seek the limelight in traditional AFL towns.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Absolutely. We had only kicked three goals by three-quarter time, then Nick kicks four himself in the last quarter. I got into a huge
    barny with the people (Swans supporters) sitting in front of us who were complaining I was "too loud" during that game. If you
    can't get pumped about what Davis did that game, you aren't alive. Great memories!
    Heart attack material, that game. I was perched behind the goals that night & it was the crowd (who’d been quiet for a full house) that helped get us home. I was with a few mates from the UK who were blown away by the atmosphere. Definitely the loudest I’d ever been - typical bloody Sydney chardy mob complaining about the noise.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Kennedy definately is owed 2 yrs after 9 yrs of heavy lifting. Last slow mid we got rid of won a brownlow, put the right pieces around him and he has a role.
    I think there is a lot in what you say. Kennedy's decline seems to have coincided with the absence of an effective ruckman. Kennedy was most effective when receiving a tap and using his muscle to absorb tackle pressure and get an effective disposal.
    PS i'm not having a go at Sinkers, I believe he's a great 2nd ruck but that is all.

The good thing about our midfield woes is that we need a midfield bull and they seem to be far more frequently unearthed - and mature far more quickly than blue chip forwards or key position players (of which I think we have 4 just beginning their careers (with less than 50 games experience).
    Better to draft a bull or two now, they'll be ready to perform when the rest of the cygnets begin to reach their full capabilities. Buying a fully mature bull 27-28 yo from another team would be very expensive, and theres every chance their powers would be on the wane just as the cygnets start hitting their straps.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 14th August 2019 at 11:47 AM.

...and Smooch pulls the plug.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Be staggered if we cant put an offer in front of Zak he doesnt like
    A lot of cash available

Be staggered if we cant put an offer in front of Zak he doesnt like
    A lot of cash available

Id rather put a lot of cash in front of Coniglio than Jones to be honest.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Id rather put a lot of cash in front of Coniglio than Jones to be honest.
    Would be a waste of time. Now even Gill is saying he wants Coniglio to stay at GWS. If he came to us, he'd be followed by
    another trade ban.

Not comparable offers

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Would be a waste of time. Now even Gill is saying he wants Coniglio to stay at GWS. If he came to us, he'd be followed by
    another trade ban.
    WTF is up with Gill? Is it a "conflict" for the CEO to say where he thinks a player should or shouldn't go?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Hopefully Gil saying he wants Cogs to stay at GWS means he is actually coming to the Swans, just like Buddy.