Page 129 of 521 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,537 to 1,548 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    Andy Maher is wrong, the exact $ in buddy's contract are well know as Hawks leaked them to the media when choosing not to match. Last year 2022 is only $500k

Cogs to Carlton would be joyous, Hawks supporters on BF thread have been insufferable about getting him.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    That's an excellent example of how we can become a serious competitor for the flag. We could see last year that they had a lot good young players. Then they land Neale and Charlie Cameron, 2 players that can rocket a team up the ladder in short order. That could be us next year.
    Brisbane traded in Lachie Neale, Charlie Cameron, Jarryd Lyons, Lincoln McCarthy and Marcus Adams last year. All are in their best 22. If we can pick up 5 best 22 players next year we'll definitely see improvement!

Correction Cameron was the year before. But still!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    Brisbane traded in Lachie Neale, Charlie Cameron, Jarryd Lyons, Lincoln McCarthy and Marcus Adams last year. All are in their best 22. If we can pick up 5 best 22 players next year we'll definitely see improvement!

Correction Cameron was the year before. But still!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    They also had a lot of salary cap capacity - more than we almost certainly have - and good draft currency, aided by trading out Beams to Collingwood at a trade value probably driven more by sentiment (on Collingwood's part) than pragmatics.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Charlie Constable would be a huge get for us, not that I think we will get him or Geelong will let him go cheaply (even though he's not playing ATM).

It's always a sellers market in these situations and if a team is high on a young opposition talent then clubs usually try and make you pay overs to get them, and I don't think we'll want to part with any reasonably high draft picks that they would no doubt demand!

I think we will focus on drafting a few quality talents, possibly trying to trade up to gain a few more higher picks if possible as it seems like a pretty deep draft in the first 20 to 25 picks.

If we could get Constable then great, as I think he has some real potential to become a future gun like JPK did when given a shot at another club, but I don't want to get my hopes up like I did last off season with all our failed attempts at landing opposition talent!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Constable want out from the Cats for more senior game time.

He is stuck behind a long line of good players.

Don't see the cat objecting to much as the trade for Kelly will provide them with a massive payday.

A third round should do it.
    doof-doof

Regular in the Side
    We should make a play for Preuss who cannot get start in the rabble that we played last night.

Veterans List
    Still holding pick 4.

Only North can fall below us but they have the hapless Melbourne next week so can't see any change to pick 4 unless the AFL give Gold Coast a pre draft pick so they get good mates Rowell & Anderson at 1 & 2 to lessen the go home factor.

If we do have pick four, fairly clear that Rowell & Anderson are the top two then Crows have pick 3, they desperately need run so would choose accordingly meaning we can choose the next best inside mid after the top two, that being GWS's Green :-)

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    We should make a play for Preuss who cannot get start in the rabble that we played last night.
    I agree , Ceglar also might be one we could get , no star but solid enough .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would like to see us trade in Aaron Francis (KPD) and Charlie Constable (inside mid) who are both at contract's end and wouldn't cost us much in trade picks. We desperately need a ruckman like Pruess, but he is contracted till end of 2021 and will require us to pay overs to lure him which is too risky imo. Sier (inside mid) was on the verge re-signing with the Pies which is now in doubt after his basketball escapade this week. Despite this, still think he's worth pursuing.

So Francis, Constable & Sier are get able likes for me. Pruess is an unlikely get able (unfortunately).

I’m jumping off the Sier train after the way the club has talked about his attitude, fitness etc this week.

Constable yes. Think Francis won’t come cheap as he was a pick 9. Not convinced about him.

Scott at the Cats the other said clearly he is a AFL LEVEL PLAYER

so I’m guessing offering a little bait ?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Scott at the Cats the other said clearly he is a AFL LEVEL PLAYER

so I’m guessing offering a little bait ?
    Who’s that AG ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    If Jones wants to go to Melbourne I would swap him for Preuss. Don't know why Jones would want to join that disaster though.