Page 133 of 521 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,585 to 1,596 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Mathew Lloyd on Footy Classified just suggested that Coniglio, Papley and Jack Martin are better than a 50% chance of landing at Carlton next year. Interesting that he would be so confident on that one.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    No probs, You Just had me worried for a second that Lloyd might know something we don’t !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lloyd has been wrong many times before, I would not take much notice. The Age said on Friday that Zak Jones has already left the club and looking elsewhere. Is that the truth?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Id take Brandon Ellis too, good age hard at it with good skills, free agent and wont cost much
    Not for me. Past his best.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    All these Papley rumours sound like total and complete nonsense to me
    Sure are, one of the most red and white blooded players on our list. Absolutely loves the club. Going to Europe after the B&F with Ronke, Hayward, Florent and McCartin, doesn't seem like something someone wanting out would do. Carlton first pick now at 9 if I'm misreading it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I don't know if it's true but I heard that it's because of his girlfriend who is living in Melbourne.
    Get a Sydney girlfriend!

As previously mentioned , Paps is contracted so if Carlton want him they’ll have to pay the price for a high quality , contracted and required player. I doubt they will be willing to so I don’t think he’s going , not this year at least .

As previously mentioned , Paps is contracted so if Carlton want him they’ll have to pay the price for a high quality , contracted and required player. I doubt they will be willing to so I don’t think he’s going , not this year at least .

I thought the Papley rumours only stem from the fact Carlton are targeting small forwards?

Heard Longmire asked by Kane Cornes last Saturday whether it's fair the way Swans have access to elite talent (via their academy). You can tell Longmire was annoyed with the question, answering sternly that the club has spent $10m over the last 10 years in producing just 3 players and then rammed home the fact the ever increasing "go home" factor which the non Vics clubs continually face. He added that they're a long way off before the "go home" factor works the other way!

Aliaster Clarkson admitted on AFL360 last night that he'd spoken to Stephen Conigilio but wasn't trying to crow bar him away from GWS. Whateley on SEN this morning rubbished that comment, saying it's obvious clubs are ever increasing trying to entice players and that the AFL should either make it stringent clubs/managers can't contact players outside the designated window or they make it more open.
    Last edited by KSAS; 20th August 2019 at 11:30 AM.

I dont know why the AFL media is obsessed with this designated trade window concept.

If you want a player, you are going to make enquiries well in advance, otherwise you would be left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Heard Longmire asked by Kane Cornes last Saturday whether it's fair the way Swans have access to elite talent (via their academy). You can tell Longmire was annoyed with the question, answering sternly that the club has spent $10m over the last 10 years in producing just 3 players and then rammed home the fact the ever increasing "go home" factor which the non Vics clubs continually face. He added that they're a long way off before the "go home" factor works the other way!

Aliaster Clarkson admitted on AFL360 last night that he'd spoken to Stephen Conigilio but wasn't trying to crow bar him away from GWS. Whateley on SEN this morning rubbished that comment, saying it's obvious clubs are ever increasing trying to entice players and that the AFL should either make it stringent clubs/managers can't contact players outside the designated window or they make it more open.
    Cornes is a muppet and a troll. The Adelaide clubs have been taking advantage of the go home to SA factor for years. However it appears to breed insular organisations that can't compete.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Sure are, one of the most red and white blooded players on our list. Absolutely loves the club. Going to Europe after the B&F with Ronke, Hayward, Florent and McCartin, doesn't seem like something someone wanting out would do. Carlton first pick now at 9 if I'm misreading it!

- - - Updated - - -

Get a Sydney girlfriend!
    Tom Mitchell had a trip booked with the boys to Queenstown too. That didn't work out well.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Mathew Lloyd on Footy Classified just suggested that Coniglio, Papley and Jack Martin are better than a 50% chance of landing at Carlton next year. Interesting that he would be so confident on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Lloyd has been wrong many times before, I would not take much notice. The Age said on Friday that Zak Jones has already left the club and looking elsewhere. Is that the truth?
    Matthew Lloyd's brother is Brad Lloyd - Head of Football at Carlton
    So maybe that particular rumor is a little more substantial
    The thought of losing another heirloom Swan is making me very, very unhappy - and no amount of speculation about overpriced guns-for-hire will alleviate that.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.