Page 136 of 521 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,632 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Or can we swap Jones for Liam Stocker at Carlton ?

Plus a late pick ?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Dawson, rowbottom and Blakey for me are sky rocketing in $ for the future and we want to lock them in long term we may need to re arrange their existing contracts soon

For me we still need a ruckman 2020. We can’t rely on Naismiths knee

We can’t have our midfield rotation and our backline exposed another season via no advantage in the clearances. The game is hard enough as it is.

If we are needing to stagger the sal cap 20/21 yet have a continuity of emerging talent moving into snrs next year and year after etc I would make only one trade out and that is Zac Jones.

This would ensure we can keep Paps who is more important for us, get a ruckman in but it also would mean we can draft a pick 4, pick 10 approx and a pick 24 now and they are on minimal money next couple of seasons yet balance out our future injection of talent is year or two from now

Trade OUT: Jones

Trade IN: ruckman ?

Retired :
    Macca
    Grundy
    Smith
    Jack

Delist: 4/5 other players on the lower lists
    I agree with this to a point. Ruckman are funny beasts in that there are usuallt good ones languishing in the lower leagues waiting for an opportunity, especially now that most clubs are only playing one true ruck (or in our case none!).
    Darren Jolly, Shane Mumford and our own Big Cal are examples of fringe ruckmen who we have turned into AFL regulars. I remember Mummy being lampooned for being too fat and lacking finesse to make it. He has subsequently had an outstanding career given half a chance.
    I would be taking a close look at guys like Zac and Archie Smith, Preuss, Soldo, Sean Darcy. The list is not exhaustive - I'm sure there are others, even guys who are currently not regular ruckmen (?Eagles).
    If we can snag the next Mummy without giving up too much, then that would be a run for us.
    Having said that, Jones for Preuss and a few picks anyone, especially if Jones wants out?

run = win

Bradley hill a possibility also if we moved out Jones ?

I heard Johnny Ralph report the other week that Zak Jones loves Sydney and doesn't think he wants out. I remember Tom Mitchell saying similar before he took the Hawthorn offer. I recall Zak leaving it late in the season before he re-signed previously. I really do hope Zak stays along with Tom, because we can't afford to lose players coming into their prime who we've taken time to develop only to start again in replacing them via the draft.

I also heard reported last night on Fox Footy that Ed Langdon definitely wants out from Freo and speculation Brad Crouch might also be on the move even though he has a year remaining on his contract. Hope they're both on our radar even though going to a Vic club seems the preferred choice these days (Lachie Neale being the exception).

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I heard Johnny Ralph report the other week that Zak Jones loves Sydney and doesn't think he wants out. I remember Tom Mitchell saying similar before he took the Hawthorn offer. I recall Zak leaving it late in the season before he re-signed previously. I really do hope Zak stays along with Tom, because we can't afford to lose players coming into their prime who we've taken time to develop only to start again in replacing them via the draft.
    The difference this time is that we can definitely afford keeping Zak Jones, whereas we couldn't match what Hawthorn were offering Mitchell.

Ed Langdon would be the type of player we need but Bradley Hill would be next level

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Play the ROK card and then remind him we drafted him when no one else did
    I agree. I'm sick of being bent over in trades. Losing a small forward of his quality is really going to hurt and leaves a massive whole in our forward line. On top of that it is another experienced player that we would be losing. We've got enough youth. He's worth more than pick 9 to us.

St Kilda is the front runner for Hill reportedly offering him a 900k yearly contract. I think that is overs and hope we don't offering similar money for anyone (Buddy was the exception) because it will bite us in the end in trying to retain our emerging stars. Tippet deal effectively cost us retaining Mitchell.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Not quite right. At current standings, they traded pick 3 for Stocker and pick 9. Pick 9 is more than a set of steak knives.
    That trade has worked out well for Carlton. Both teams would have been expecting Adelaide to be close to the top four. People keep bagging Stocker but it's way to soon to judge and Carlton still think he'll be a gun.

Swans team 2020 so far ?

FB: Oriordan, Rampe, Lloyd
    HB: Mills, AA, Dawson
    C: Florent, Kennedy, Jones?
    R: Naismith, Parker, Heeney
    HF: Hayward, Reid, Blakey
    FF: Rowbottom, Franklin, Papley

INT:
    19. McCartin
    20. Cunningham
    21. Hewett
    22. Bell
    23. Clarke?
    24. Sinclair
    25. McInerney
    26. Ling
    27. Stoddart
    28. Melican
    29. Foot
    30. Amartey
    31. Pink
    32. Reynolds
    33. Ronke

39. Wicks?
    38. Tucker?
    39. Knoll?
    40. McLean?

Gone
    1. Grundy
    2. Macca
    3. Jack
    4. Smith
    5. Rose?
    6. Fox?
    7. Maibaum?
    8. Thurlow?
    9. Menzel?
    10. Hirst?
    11. Cameron?

Draft Picks 4,32, 39,43,58,59,76 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Swans team 2020 so far ?
    Looks pretty spot on IMO. But I'd play Sinclair in place of McCartin. Good forward and back up ruck. The defence looks a little small, so that'd allow Reid to move into the back line (I think he's a good defender).

I'd have Clarke in the best 22 over Bell at this stage and Hayward is gonna have to rediscover his old form.

Surely they'll keep Menzel for another year, handy player, who would play the same role as Wayward.