Page 137 of 521 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,633 to 1,644 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I agree. I'm sick of being bent over in trades. Losing a small forward of his quality is really going to hurt and leaves a massive whole in our forward line. On top of that it is another experienced player that we would be losing. We've got enough youth. He's worth more than pick 9 to us.
    I agree. As previously stated, the only thing I'd accept for Papley is a packet of Cripps from the Blues.

What's interesting from this thread is that we all seem to be much more concerned about losing Papley than Jones.

Reckon would have been the opposite a year or two ago. Over that time, Jones has stalled and Papley has become one of the best small forwards in the comp.

According to SEN Breakfast’s Sam Edmund, Mason Wood is reportedly set to be put up for trade, with Sydney one of the teams interested.

Pair of key position Roos linked to moves out the door

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Bradley hill a possibility also if we moved out Jones ?
    Hill specifically wants to go to Melbourne for personal reasons (girlfriend, I think).

Why do you want to move out Jones, one of our best players, 90 games and just approaching the peak years of his career?

Why would we trade out a speedy midfielder for a ruckman, when we need midfielders and have too many ruckmen, albeit not a Brody Grundy? What would we do with hypothetical ruckman? Who plays senior and who plays NEAFL? Choose: Naismith, Sinclair, Cameron, Knoll, new ruckman traded for Jones.

Veterans List
    Picks quoted earlier by someone are incorrect, we have currently 4, 23 (Saints), 40, 52, 57, 58 that are useable. We don't use later picks, you have to give them two year contracts in the ND and too risky into the 60s.

Must beat Saints on Saturday to make sure they can't rise above North

We don't have a salary cap problem any more, last year we cleared Hanners and Rohan, retirements this year off the cap Grundy, Smith, McVeigh, Jack and Tippett. Buddy getting no more than this year. That's a lot of cap to free up. We can basically recruit anyone we can lure north if we want to.

I'm in the optimists camp, no indication Jones wants out, some scurrilous reporting out of Melbourne said he'd already "left" the club then next day there he was jogging laps at training! Same for Paps, all this talk emanates from a single rumour on BF or the like months ago then every journo has picked up on it and every BF poster has Paps as one of their clubs desired trades in.

Mason Wood, WTF would we want that serial tease for and yet we get linked despite Tom Harley saying we rang Norf to say we've had no contact with Wood or his management. All this stuff just fills vacant media space. What will happen will happen but I doubt we lose anyone we want to keep.
    Last edited by 707; 21st August 2019 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    According to SEN Breakfast’s Sam Edmund, Mason Wood is reportedly set to be put up for trade, with Sydney one of the teams interested.

Do we really need another KPF? I'd only be interested if we want Reid or McCartin to play defence permanently.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

Wood towelled us up in their defeat of us last year. He seems a bit inconsistent, but manages to kick a goal or two most games, averaging 1.3 goals a game over his career. Compare that to Sam Reid's 1.1 goals a game. If neither McCartin nor Blakey play forward next year, which seems likely, we will need another forward.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Looks pretty spot on IMO. But I'd play Sinclair in place of McCartin. Good forward and back up ruck. The defence looks a little small, so that'd allow Reid to move into the back line (I think he's a good defender).

I'd have Clarke in the best 22 over Bell at this stage and Hayward is gonna have to rediscover his old form.

Surely they'll keep Menzel for another year, handy player, who would play the same role as Wayward.
    Agree with this . I dont think you would have Bell in starting 22 just yet and Id have Hewett ahead of Rowbottom in starting 18.

From the others -
    Wicks should stay
    Pink may struggle to keep a place,
    Menzels worth another year,
    McLean should get an opportunity and at least one of Knoll or Cameron but hard to say which one.
    Fox a decent fill in when needed

The reality is though that unless its a really strong draft or we can bring in some solids trades , I would doubt we would delist/retire more than 10.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Picks quoted earlier by someone are incorrect, we have currently 4, 23 (Saints), 40, 52, 57, 58 that are useable.
    I picked the draft indicative order from the AFL site ??

Happier with urs 707

———

Ludwig

Re Jones it simple for me. The guy will want $650k plus pa minimum........I think there are a lot smarter midfielders then Jones in the competition and I would like to use his contract to make an serious offer to another midfielder and or a dominant ruckman given our demise in the clearances

I have never leaned towards liking the options jones takes in attack. I have always found him wanting to put moves on to beat someone to the detriment of the team because the kick that follows ain’t to our advantage

I want a midfielder at the price range jones will attract that gives much more effective inside 50 entries
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 21st August 2019 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Wood towelled us up in their defeat of us last year. He seems a bit inconsistent, but manages to kick a goal or two most games, averaging 1.3 goals a game over his career. Compare that to Sam Reid's 1.1 goals a game. If neither McCartin nor Blakey play forward next year, which seems likely, we will need another forward.
    Reid has spent a heap of time in the backline though. Hard to score goals from there. Woods stats for this year are very beige. There must be better tall forward out there available. We should also have Menzel in the forward line this year.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    St Kilda is the front runner for Hill reportedly offering him a 900k yearly contract. I think that is overs and hope we don't offering similar money for anyone (Buddy was the exception) because it will bite us in the end in trying to retain our emerging stars. Tippet deal effectively cost us retaining Mitchell.
    Wrong!
    Tippett couldn't have because he came first .
    Buddy's deal was bigger so Buddy cost us Mitchell.

Regular in the Side
    surely don't need wood. what's wrong with Haywood