Page 147 of 521 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,753 to 1,764 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Menzel is a real 50/50 call.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    My major knock on him is he can be very hungry. Had a few pings on Sat that could have been passed to a teammate in a better position.
    Yep, agreed.

No Menzel for me 2020

Targets up front :

Buddy
    Heeney
    McCartin
    Reid
    Blakey
    McLean
    Hayward
    Amartey

If we need another let’s get another KPP

A player that can give more opportunity for 2020 and beyond

I'd keep him another year. If he has an injury free pre season his upside is massive. On top of that he provides great leadership for our younger players so it's still a win if he spends the year in the NEAFL and he costs us very little.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Our draft picks as they stand now.

Indicative draft order Draft Pick #

SYD 4 Sydney Swans
    SYD 23 Sydney Swans
    SYD 40 Sydney Swans
    SYD 50 Sydney Swans
    SYD 57 Sydney Swans
    SYD 58 Sydney Swans
    SYD 76 Sydney Swans
    doof-doof

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I'd keep him another year. If he has an injury free pre season his upside is massive. On top of that he provides great leadership for our younger players so it's still a win if he spends the year in the NEAFL and he costs us very little.
    100% agree. Popular player and very helpful to the younger guys with his advice. Having him stay on is like having a player / coach for our young forwards, especially at NEAFL level.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Menzel is a real 50/50 call.
    Will be one of the last re-signed and depending on other trades probably. Only playing for small $ you'd think and we have just seen off 1000+ games of experience.

On the Rookie List
    I think another year for Menzel. He has shown patches in his games this year to suggest a top quality player is there once fully fit.

Veterans List
    Our priority for the off season has to be getting the Western Bulldogs' free kick coach. That person is a genius.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Our priority for the off season has to be getting the Western Bulldogs' free kick coach. That person is a genius.
    He certainly is.....and you watch his talents kick right into action now they've made the finals.....in 7th.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post
    I think another year for Menzel. He has shown patches in his games this year to suggest a top quality player is there once fully fit.
    Agreed. Give him a full pre season and see what he can do. Won't cost much.

The only reason to get rid of Menzel is if we need more list spots or we trade in another forward

Veterans List
    IMO a must read are a series of posts by swansfan51 on the Swans BF trade/draft thread. The first was done a couple of years ago but that, and all subsequent analysis posts by this guy, are excellent.

Unlike most shoot from the hip with brain tuned out posts we read about trading & drafting, these articles contain well thought through analysis. I always think when reading his posts that this is probably how clubs actually look at list management, not the scatter gun approach the vast majority of posters take :-)

So do yourself a favour, slip over and read those posts.