Page 230 of 521 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330 ... LastLast
Results 2,749 to 2,760 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    If Jones goes to St Kilda, it's more likely to be in exchange for a future pick if the Swans will accept one.
    Saints set for monster Trade Period with crafty Port forward in their sights

Players linked to St Kilda: Sam Gray (Port), Paddy Ryder (Port), Bradley Hill (Fremantle), Zak Jones.

St Kilda's picks: 5, 55, 67 and 77

There's no way the Saints would be recruiting all those players with what they have. Who's going?
    Josh Bruce has already requested a trade to the Dogs. Jack Steven heavily linked to Geelong and then there’s the curious case of Jake Carlisle who looks to be getting pushed out the door by the club but he wants to stay.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Richmond were obsessed with Pitura, and so ended up playing well over the odds. But that was only the start of their problems. Because the Tigers hadn't really.understood what sort of player he was. He was a dynamic outside midfielder, who depended on his mates feeding him the ball.
    Unfortunately at Richmond, he had no mates, he wa an overpriced outsider who displaced popular teammates. So his time at the Tigers was very unsuccessful.
    He ended up playing for North Shore in Sydney for many years, also coaching and umpiring.
    I remember John Pitura being my coach at Mt Gravatt in Qld when I moved up there from Tassie in 1988. Really nice bloke, he didn't play he was just the coach.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Very much so!!!. I recall Pitura jumping up & down wanting to join Richmond (who were a power house in the 70's) and South refused to clear him. I'm sure he then quit the club for a short period & then returned to complete the 1974 season, which South then agreed to clear him to Richmond. In exchange we received Brian "Whale" Roberts, Graham Teasdale, Francis Jackson & 45K which was big money back then.

Arguably the best trade we've ever done. All 3 players were great successes. The whale finished 4th or thereabouts in the 76 Brownlow. I remember just how huge he looked when I first saw him play in red & white. Tom Hafey later said he was filthy the club traded him because moral amongst the players dropped enormously as the Whale was very popular.

Teaser went on to win the 77 Brownlow & Jackson was a very solid CHB with a long penetrating left boot. I remember he, Browning & Rantall (who returned from North) formed a formidable half back line in 76.
    That trade was a bonanza for the club. Francis Jackson was a very underrated player and also mentored the likes of David Ackerley. Played against him in school football back in the day. Pretty sure he was right footed. Browning was a massive left footed kick.

Stray thought: I think it is better to pay overs for what you want (e.g. Daniher if we want him) than to sell for unders (e.g. Papley). This might be at odds with the idea that it's a buyer's market.

Incidentally, I think it's particularly hard for us to value Daniher because of his injury history. But hopefully the club is better placed.

Sam Edmunds reports that JD's dad Anthony said Joe isn't going anywhere (at Essendon club function). A shift to Daniher and Papley both staying put. I'm hoping this story is accurate and we do keep Papley and pass on Daniher, at least for this year.

Josh Bruce and Alex Keith both seem headed for the Dogs. They are looking a rising force for next year.

It's hard to see where the Saints are heading. It just seems like they're spinning their wheels without making any progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Sam Edmunds reports that JD's dad Anthony said Joe isn't going anywhere (at Essendon club function). A shift to Daniher and Papley both staying put. I'm hoping this story is accurate and we do keep Papley and pass on Daniher, at least for this year.

Josh Bruce and Alex Keith both seem headed for the Dogs. They are looking a rising force for next year.

It's hard to see where the Saints are heading. It just seems like they're spinning their wheels without making any progress.
    Pretty definitive from the old man considering the ambiguity from the Essendon CEO, Zach Merrett and JD himself . Hope he’s right though .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    I'm happy with no Daniher and Papley staying. Means we've only got Jones in limbo and maybe we've got a big name in our sights but it hasn't broken?

Just as happy to take picks to the draft and keep adding to what we've got and have a slow build to contention.

It's all happening at the Crows, no coach, Footy Manager in limbo, players queuing up to jump ship. Let's wait and see what the AFL does next week to save their own sinking ship on the Gold Coast, $200 mill down the gurgler so far.

Senior Player

I wonder whether the Swans baulked at the price. It was hard to see how the deal got done without us paying overs for a player with injury history.

Senior Player

Assuming Sam is telling the truth. Big call - maybe true. Who would know.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Assuming Sam is telling the truth. Big call - maybe true. Who would know.
    Sam must have been telling the truth as it took place at a public function and can be easily verified. I know the journos stretch the truth a lot, but it would seem pretty silly in this case.

When, of IF, Donald Trump leaves office, he could have a bright future as a footy journo. Maybe he was cozying up to Scott Morrison anticipating that he may have to ask for political asylum.

The wheels are turning. I've got my team working on a new project starring Donald Trump and Eddie McGuire:
    Footy Show Apprentice. The contestants will try to get through the entire show only telling lies and racist slurs.

Senior Player
    Sam must have been telling the truth as it took place at a public function and can be easily verified. I know the journos stretch the truth a lot, but it would seem pretty silly in this case.

When, of IF, Donald Trump leaves office, he could have a bright future as a footy journo. Maybe he was cozying up to Scott Morrison anticipating that he may have to ask for political asylum.

The wheels are turning. I've got my team working on a new project starring Donald Trump and Eddie McGuire:
    Footy Show Apprentice. The contestants will try to get through the entire show only telling lies and racist slurs.
    Trump would fit in beautifully, especially during trade speculation time. No training required.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I wonder whether the Swans baulked at the price. It was hard to see how the deal got done without us paying overs for a player with injury history.
    Daniher is a restricted free agent next year. Why pay overs for a player we could get for free next year?
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final