Page 384 of 521 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394434484 ... LastLast
Results 4,597 to 4,608 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    While Barratt has ranted irrationally about the Swans re the Daniher trade bid, he actually didn’t accuse us of urging Daniher to go public. It was Daniher’s manager that he was accusing:

‘ ..... I'm including his management in this assessment. You actually urged Joe to go public with his desire to become a Swan, and then let him down, and hurt him. If I was Joe, I'd be changing management ..... ‘

Sliding Doors: IF the Blues botched the Trade Period ... THEN - AFL.com.au
    Another manager trying to churn a player for his own benefit.

What I really hate about all of this is Barrett is spreading this misconception that we offered little for Daniher and we had an obligation to him to get the deal done regardless of the cost to us. It was Essendon that made it impossible to do the trade because of Dodo's ridiculous demands.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I don't think the daniher trade could have played out any other way. As soon as daniher told Essendon he would like to move, they would have told the media.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    While Barratt has ranted irrationally about the Swans re the Daniher trade bid, he actually didn’t accuse us of urging Daniher to go public. It was Daniher’s manager that he was accusing:

‘ ..... I'm including his management in this assessment. You actually urged Joe to go public with his desire to become a Swan, and then let him down, and hurt him. If I was Joe, I'd be changing management ..... ‘

Sliding Doors: IF the Blues botched the Trade Period ... THEN - AFL.com.au
    Well picked up Meg, I mis read it as well it my quick glance at it, correct that it's Joe's management that is copping it for that not us. Doesn't however change my opinion of that toll Barrett!

- - - Updated - - -

A good look at the picks every team is holding, been mentioned before but if we are happy with just three picks, our 32 & 44 for Freo's 22 is of benefit to both clubs are Freo's 22 will be burnt on matching an NGA bid anyway, they'll end up with more residual points and we move up 10 spots

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I don't think the daniher trade could have played out any other way. As soon as daniher told Essendon he would like to move, they would have told the media.
    Yeah that is definitely possible , I’m more inclined to think Joe’s management told him to go public with it though. Essendon may have done, to put pressure on Sydney to make the deal happen at any cost ( which thankfully they stood firm, I’m still quite chuffed with them for that ) The reverse might also make sense but I doubt our club would operate that way. The person with the most to gain was his manager: a new, presumably long deal on similar very good coin , gets his commission etc. Keep the client happy and what not. Looks good on the resume and in the bank account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am inclined to think that our management was naive in their approach. They genuinely thought they could get Joe for what he is worth (some might argue even slightly above). Bombers then went completely unreasonable, thinking they could get us to do something crazy (with the help of tools like Barrett). When we stood our ground, it became a matter of Dodo's pride. All fair enough, most probably not too dissimilar to Paps, just the shoe on our foot.

My understanding is that the final offer for Papley from Carlton was number 9 in and number 25 out. I wonder if it had been number 9 in alone whether we would have traded him?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I am inclined to think that our management was naive in their approach. They genuinely thought they could get Joe for what he is worth (some might argue even slightly above). Bombers then went completely unreasonable, thinking they could get us to do something crazy (with the help of tools like Barrett). When we stood our ground, it became a matter of Dodo's pride. All fair enough, most probably not too dissimilar to Paps, just the shoe on our foot.
    I wouldn't think naive; I think we were being realistic right from the start. Otherwise I agree with you.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I wouldn't think naive; I think we were being realistic right from the start. Otherwise I agree with you.
    Naive in the sense that the Dodo would be reasonable to deal with..........

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    We all get over everything eventually. Right?
    Maybe, too soon to tell, I'll let you know.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Naive in the sense that the Dodo would be reasonable to deal with..........
    Again, how can we know their state of mind? Why wouldn't they think it would be as difficult as we all thought it would be?

Remember, Joe instigated this. I suspect we knew it would be tough the entire time, particularly given we were determined to hold pick 5.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Well picked up Meg, I mis read it as well it my quick glance at it, correct that it's Joe's management that is copping it for that not us. Doesn't however change my opinion of that toll Barrett!
    But he did then add after 'I'd be changing management'......."and still be looking to head to Sydney at the end of next year … but not the Swans. ".....once again proving his disdain/dislike for the Swans.

As I said yesterday, he can go and eff himself. He is nothing but a vindictive dumb (b)unt.