Page 385 of 521 FirstFirst ... 285335375381382383384385386387388389395435485 ... LastLast
Results 4,609 to 4,620 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

The media isn't entirely rational and give out praise for "getting trades done" regardless of whether those trades were well-advised. It was only a couple of years ago that Port "won" the trade period after trading in Motlop, Watts and a third player.

They are blaming Carlton for failing to land Papley when surely it's not their fault. They were only going to get him if we got Daniher.

I think it's time to move on from the trade period and start thinking about the draft, where we have the strongest hand we've had in a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    The media isn't entirely rational and give out praise for "getting trades done" regardless of whether those trades were well-advised. It was only a couple of years ago that Port "won" the trade period after trading in Motlop, Watts and a third player.

They are blaming Carlton for failing to land Papley when surely it's not their fault. They were only going to get him if we got Daniher.

I think it's time to move on from the trade period and start thinking about the draft, where we have the strongest hand we've had in a decade.
    Agree. How exciting to have a top 5 pick ! Last one was McVeigh, he turned out ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Agree. How exciting to have a top 5 pick ! Last one was McVeigh, he turned out ok

Yep, I could handle the club using the pick to get another 300 gamer, club captain, All Australian, premiership player and
    club champion. Bring it on.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yep, I could handle the club using the pick to get another 300 gamer, club captain, All Australian, premiership player and
    club champion. Bring it on.
    +1

Opti-pessi-misti
    Deven Robertson sounds like a good McVeigh replacement except he comes from WA and is probably hoping to get picked up by Freo. Green will probably not be possible which leaves Serong or Flanders according to the 'experts'. However our selectors have a habit of not choosing those selected for us by the 'experts' and we end up with someone unheard of like Ling. I guess Rowbotham and Florent have been ok picks though!

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Deven Robertson sounds like a good McVeigh replacement except he comes from WA and is probably hoping to get picked up by Freo. Green will probably not be possible which leaves Serong or Flanders according to the 'experts'. However our selectors have a habit of not choosing those selected for us by the 'experts' and we end up with someone unheard of like Ling. I guess Rowbotham and Florent have been ok picks though!
    Lets hope our first round pick is actually good this year; the last lot haven't been that impressive, or in the case of Ling, never sighted.

Academy players not include in that list.

We have enough small 180cm players, we need someone taller.

For our first pick #5: Ash would be good, 186cm 80kg, midfielder: or Finn Maginness: 187cm 80kg, midfielder.

For our second pick #25: Jay Rantall: 184cm 82kg, midfielder.

For our third pick #32: Cooper Stephens 188cm 83kg, midfielder. (Was going to be a first round pick but broke his leg)

For our for pick #44: Nick Murray (the brother of Sam): 193cm 92kg, defender.

For our for pick #81: Kysaiah Pickett (in case Paps goes): 170cm 67kg, forward.
    doof-doof

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Lets hope our first round pick is actually good this year; the last lot haven't been that impressive, or in the case of Ling, never sighted.

Academy players not include in that list.

We have enough small 180cm players, we need someone taller.

For our first pick #5: Ash would be good, 186cm 80kg, midfielder: or Finn Maginness: 187cm 80kg, midfielder.

For our second pick #25: Jay Rantall: 184cm 82kg, midfielder.

For our third pick #32: Cooper Stephens 188cm 83kg, midfielder. (Was going to be a first round pick but broke his leg)

For our for pick #44: Nick Murray (the brother of Sam): 193cm 92kg, defender.

For our for pick #81: Kysaiah Pickett (in case Paps goes): 170cm 67kg, forward.
    Hate that logic. How many good ball winners at 180cm do we have? Did we replace the last good one , Mitchell ? Heigh isn’t all that relevant. Rampe is IMO the best full back in the league and he stands 188cm.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Hate that logic. How many good ball winners at 180cm do we have? Did we replace the last good one , Mitchell ? Heigh isn’t all that relevant. Rampe is IMO the best full back in the league and he stands 188cm.

True, and i accept your Mitchell argument, but Bont, Cripps, Yeo, Fyfe and many more are all over 190cm
    doof-doof

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    True, and i accept your Mitchell argument, but Bont, Cripps, Yeo, Fyfe and many more are all over 190cm
    I accept that too, but I think we should take the best available ball winning mid with our fist pick. If he was 195cm I would be stoked , but it looks like he/ they will be much shorter. I don’t think we should pass over someone who is seen as a better prospect because they lack 10cm or so.

The highlight video of Lewis Taylor reminds me of Ben Mc Glynn, who i believe we missed when he left, and not to mention he is a little fella too. Go well Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Relative View Post
    The highlight video of Lewis Taylor reminds me of Ben Mc Glynn, who i believe we missed when he left, and not to mention he is a little fella too. Go well Lewis.
    Also, good to have another ‘Lewis’ in the house!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Also, good to have another ‘Lewis’ in the house!
    If his middle name is Robert, Raymond, Ryan etc, then Squizzy could be the next LRT!