Page 469 of 521 FirstFirst ... 369419459465466467468469470471472473479519 ... LastLast
Results 5,617 to 5,628 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Resorting to name calling. Sad.
    Pardon?

#notrealfans
    Sadder.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 27th November 2019 at 05:54 PM.

It's news to me that Flanders doesn't want to leave Melbourne and has said that publicly? A form of draft tampering?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I read an article last night at home re: Flanders could not find it at work today. Sorry.

I just listened to Cal Twomey explain his phantom draft. My jaw dropped. He says we haven’t shown as much interest in Flanders as other clubs

Also that we were desperate for Lochie O’Brien the year we took Ling, He thinks we might be after a running player this year.

Based on that and my rumour, I really think he has no idea and Flanders was a total guess.

I could see us picking Ash, Stephens or even Young (who is quick) over Flanders.

I think it’s completely open

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    It's news to me that Flanders doesn't want to leave Melbourne and has said that publicly? A form of draft tampering?
    Not only that but basically inviting future approaches from Victorian clubs to entice him home once he's gone interstate!

Red flag Swans!!

If it is true that he has said this, I'm going cold on Flanders.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Not only that but basically inviting future approaches from Victorian clubs to entice him home once he's gone interstate!

Red flag Swans!!

If it is true that he has said this, I'm going cold on Flanders.
    If there's any truth to this, players who make such comments should be bamned from that year's draft. Full stop. AFL must take strong action & make an example to stop this becoming a tactic for the easons given above.

I’ve tried googling anything relating to Flanders saying he didn’t want to leave Vic and found nothin. One article explicitly states he has no issue moving interstate. He moved away from his home in fish creek to Warragul ( admittedly not all that far) to join a school that would better enhance his chances of getting drafted, as a 17 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I’ve tried googling anything relating to Flanders saying he didn’t want to leave Vic and found nothin. One article explicitly states he has no issue moving interstate. He moved away from his home in fish creek to Warragul ( admittedly not all that far) to join a school that would better enhance his chances of getting drafted, as a 17 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When I get home I will post my dodgy source.

Blues and Crows discussing swapping picks 6 and 9, so that Blues get Young and Crows still McAsey...

Also according to Hun

“Sydney is also understood to be in talks over trading pick No.25.”

Resorting to name calling. Sad.

Your problems could originate here.

Clutching at straws much?

I, the swans, and majority of others don't rate at 5. That's what you've got to get over.
    Barry, you are a treasure.

Veteran Site Admin
    I said it was hard to moderate on my phone, not impossible. If anyone (including the newcomers) is inclined to continue with the name calling, bickering (or baiting), I will find a way to remove your RWO access privileges for 48 hours or so. Just while the drafts are underway.

Leave this thread for people who want to discuss the upcoming drafts.

Last minute predictions? Or wishes?

Senior Player