Page 501 of 521 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,012 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Thanks ugg. Trust you to know. I believe he's our player welfare manager, so that makes a lot of sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting that they had JPK there. Not sure that he was in the room last year.
    Parker, I believe.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I agree with you on this, I had the exact same thought watching his highlights for the 20th time this arvo. He has some attributes, his strength, power and size, that would make him an excellent inside bullocking midfielder. Not to mention the beautiful thumping right foot!

That’s not to say we have picked him for this reason , or that it will happen ( particularly with questions marks over his tank at this stage ), but watching him shrug off multiple tacklers and dish out a hand pass in the video clip, I certainly thought to myself; is Gould the JPK heir apparent we’ve been searching for ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wherever he plays, I'm quite confident he's going to be gun. Bloody great pick up in the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Love your dependable enthusiasm, BS. Your glass half full take is a valuable contribution.
    From my experience, if you don’t have it by 18s then you are unlikely to ever suddenly get better . But happy to be proven wrong

Wherever he plays, I'm quite confident he's going to be gun. Bloody great pick up in the second round.
    100% agree, really hoped we would get him and was stoked when we traded up to make it happen .

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    From my experience, if you don’t have it by 18s then you are unlikely to ever suddenly get better . But happy to be proven wrong
    Plenty of project players could prove you wrong , Kieran Jack would be one. Many Irish lads too. Maybe different for guys who have grown up playing the game but I’m sure there’s guys who have taken quite a few years to ‘click’.

Actually here’s one - Liam Jones.
    Marlin Pickett is another recent example. Jarrad McVeigh took a few years. JPK another ! Who are we kidding there’s plenty of examples !

Dennis Carroll talking about how they transition new draftees into the club

You're drafted! Now what? How AFL clubs help their draftees settle in

Parker, I believe.
    I think from the photo we saw both Kennedy and Parker were sitting at the table on draft night, one on either side of the table.

Presumably the Great Dane was climbing a goal post somewhere?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post

Excellent article, a must read

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Plenty of project players could prove you wrong , Kieran Jack would be one. Many Irish lads too. Maybe different for guys who have grown up playing the game but I’m sure there’s guys who have taken quite a few years to ‘click’.

Actually here’s one - Liam Jones.
    Marlin Pickett is another recent example. Jarrad McVeigh took a few years. JPK another ! Who are we kidding there’s plenty of examples !

They arent examples of players that didn’t have it at under 18s level , just examples of players who took some time to make it at Afl level . McVeigh played Afl from when he was in nappies and was extremely well regarded as a junior . Even Jack started playing at under 12/13s and was playing at rep level almost from the start.

I’ll give you the Irish boys but that’s a product of them not having an Afl pathway and most of them are very well regarded Irish footballers before they arrive .

Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post

Excellent! Thanks for sharing.

Happy and I know it
    Another good article by Brandon Jack.
    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...28-p53f1g.html