Page 503 of 521 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504505506507513 ... LastLast
Results 6,025 to 6,036 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Just to clarify some of my comments on Will Gould:
    • I was just joking about his weight, which we know got up to at least 106 kgs. I'm confident that it won't be an issue in the future.
    • I think Will is a gun and suggested around a month ago that he was worth a top 10 pick.
    • He is very quick off the mark, can break the lines, and is damaging by foot.
    • By implying that he could be an inside midfielder was only to suggest that he is more versatile than just a defender. I think he probably will play a Rampe type role, which is often as an undersized key defender. Some in the media think he might be too short for a key defender, but I don't think that's the case.
    • Players often play at AFL level in positions other than the year they were drafted and this applies to Gould as well. Time will tell.

When I reviewed the highlights of Chad Warner and checked his combine results, I can see why we rated him. He looks an excellent get at pick 39.

Overall, I think we really nailed this draft. It's always a time for optimism after a draft, but I'm very excited about all our picks and think there's a good chance all will succeed at AFL level, including Rowles.

Very impressed with videos of Gould (the next Craig Bolton), Stephens (our new Dan Hannerbery), and Taylor (Mickey O mark II).

And we need to remember, both Gould and Stephens played senios in SANFL which is a much higher brand of footy than most young recruits. They have played against big bodie, four quarters of gut busting footy and were amongst the best in the SANFL. Glenelg or Norwood would monster any NEAFL side including Brisbane. I am stoked we have both these young talented men as well as the rest of our recruits

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Another good article by Brandon Jack.
    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...28-p53f1g.html
    Good article, particularly the last sentence:

"The solution may be more complex than simply lifting the draft age but I’d rather see more time devoted to this than to another AFLX or discussing the length of half-time breaks."

Spot on.....

Regular in the Side
    Number allocation for the new guys will be interesting with1,2&3 all available.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Number 3 to go to Stephens I reckon. Pity number 19 is not available for Taylor.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Number 3 to go to Stephens I reckon. Pity number 19 is not available for Taylor.
    37 is still free
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Veterans List
    37 is a heavy weight to carry for a young guy. 1,2,3 allocated in the order drafted. Maybe there's a number upgrade for an established player?

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Relative View Post
    Very impressed with videos of Gould (the next Craig Bolton), Stephens (our new Dan Hannerbery), and Taylor (Mickey O mark II).
    Your remarks regarding Taylor are particularly interesting. Micky O was taken at pick 40 in the 1994 draft and he was chosen that late over concerns about his professionalism. He proved them wrong.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Your remarks regarding Taylor are particularly interesting. Micky O was taken at pick 40 in the 1994 draft and he was chosen that late over concerns about his professionalism. He proved them wrong.
    Probably my favorite ever Swan and a treat to watch over the years.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    1, 2, 3, 10, 17, 37, 40 are available.

I expect 37 to be kept vacant next year. 40 could go to Rowles, a rookie.

The other players needing numbers: Gould, Stephens, Elijah Taylor, Lewis Taylor, Warner. (Remember, we acquired two Taylors during the trading and draft period.)

Possible numbers:
    1 = Warner
    2 = L. Taylor
    3 = Stephens (obvious choice)
    10 = Gould
    17 = E. Taylor (close enough to 19)
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    1, 2, 3, 10, 17, 37, 40 are available.

I expect 37 to be kept vacant next year. 40 could go to Rowles, a rookie.

The other players needing numbers: Gould, Stephens, Elijah Taylor, Lewis Taylor, Warner. (Remember, we acquired two Taylors during the trading and draft period.)

Possible numbers:
    1 = Warner
    2 = L. Taylor
    3 = Stephens (obvious choice)
    10 = Gould
    17 = E. Taylor (close enough to 19)
    Gould to take Reg Grundy's number 39?