Page 509 of 521 FirstFirst ... 9409459499505506507508509510511512513519 ... LastLast
Results 6,097 to 6,108 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    My son is also a Port member (through marriage) and said Gray is an AFL standard player, has good midfield skills, was surprised Port delisted him but understands it's their rebuilding with youth policy. Thinks we've done well to pick him up.
    My brother-in-law is also a Port member (but by birth - he grew up living in the Birkenhead pub where his father was the publican. Can’t get much more steeped in Port Adelaide than that!.)

He said almost word-for-word the same as above. He is disappointed Port delisted Gray and thinks Swans have got themselves a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    His Mum has always loved the Swans......excellent!

He sounds like a likable kid with a level head. I predict he 'will' become a fan favourite.
    Already one of my favourites

Ch 10 news reporting Harley Bennell has only just started running last week & hopes to train fully by mid February. This gives Melbourne free hit to look at him ad they have till mid March whether to sign him. I was keen on Bennell but glad we signed Gray as DFA instead after hearing that!

Champion data rates every teams list.

Category: | Herald Sun

Swans 14 ahead of only Adelaide, Freo, Gold Coast, Carlton (not in that order). Surprised Carlton so low and they have Norf at 6! Brisbane 11.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Champion data rates every teams list.

Category: | Herald Sun

Swans 14 ahead of only Adelaide, Freo, Gold Coast, Carlton (not in that order). Surprised Carlton so low and they have Norf at 6! Brisbane 11.
    Champion data doesn't factor in potential and natural improvement.

In thinking about the average age and games of lists, I think the most important gauge is not these statistics which tend to be skewed by extremes but rather, the number of players on a list that are in their prime years from around 23 to 31 years. If you look at these numbers then the teams with most in this bracket tend to be the real contenders whereas the teams with much less in this age category tend to be rebuilding.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    Absolutely. They rated Melbourne best at the start of the year, now 12th based on their loss of form.

Tom Browne reporting the following on twitter:

"Carlton is looking closely at highly regarded player agent Matt Bain to step in as list manager.He is a popular figure at TLA,managing Carlton stars including Patrick Cripps and Sam Docherty, so no guarantee he’d leave.Liddle has a lot riding on SOS replacement. He’d be very good".

Hope this means Carlton has given up trying to poach Beatson from us, which was rumoured last month.

I reckon we should have a crack at jack silvagni. He's only 21.

Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    looks like champion data doesnt factor in sh8t if they have Brissy at 11

The important number is the ratio of the Age ranking to the List Power ranking. So in our case it's 17/14 or 1.21. A ration > 1 means your list is on the improve.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Tom Browne reporting the following on twitter:

"Carlton is looking closely at highly regarded player agent Matt Bain to step in as list manager.He is a popular figure at TLA,managing Carlton stars including Patrick Cripps and Sam Docherty, so no guarantee he’d leave.Liddle has a lot riding on SOS replacement. He’d be very good".

Hope this means Carlton has given up trying to poach Beatson from us, which was rumoured last month.
    Beats on is in the last year's of his working life. I can't see him taking on a whole new program and team at Carlton. I think he will retire after he completes his contract at the Swans.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk