Page 53 of 521 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    According to Footywire, Cody Hirst is still only 2 years old, so there should be plenty of upside with this kid. Maybe we can save him before he gets a Facebook account.

Cody Hirst

Sydney Swans

Games: 0

Born: May 19, 2017
    Give him a footy for his 3rd birthday.

Veterans List
    I heard Grassy interviewed by Gerard Waitley on SEN this morning. A very impressive man who is determined to improve his game at every turn. Sounds very driven to succeed. Only started playing in 2017. Some meteoric rise already. You may be able to pick up the interview on the SEN website.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    “South Adelaide Chief Executive Officer Neill Sharpe said it was a bittersweet moment for the club to see Knoll make his way to New South Wales.”

Michael Knoll selected at pick 4 in the mid-season draft
    His direct quote seemed more on the bitter side: "It is however very disappointing for our club to lose one of our key recruits mid way through the season."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I don't understand the listing of ruckmen that continually includes Amartey and McLean. They are both 197 and under the desirable 100kg mark. I haven't been impressed with Amartey as a ruck man in the few ressies games I've watched. I think he could have a career as a 2nd or 3rd tall kicking goals along the lines of Sam Reid, but he will have to improve his kicking.

I'm pleased that we've picked up Knoll. He is big enough to hold his own with the larger ruckmen which is something the gallant and big-hearted Sinclair can't manage. My main hope with Knoll is that he manages to avoid injuries; if he can, I then hope we can see him have a crack at the big boys. Sinkers can play forward and help out in the ruck.
    Yep.

Senior Player

She is kinda right, and the swans took full advantage as they should.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    Agree on both points. Reckon the flow on effect will be more midseason retirements, which I find a bit unsettling.

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    Kinda right - but kinda wrong as well. She's just thinking about Richmond.

"The young indigenous kid…" comment with the laugh made me sick. (& at 27, he's not exactly a "kid")

Plus, aren't the rules that the players have to have previously nominated for the draft & been overlooked? So they had the chance to stash these players back then.

‘With Sam Naismith injured, the Swans' ruck stocks are thin behind Callum Sinclair though Knoll's aim this season is just to learn.

"I've only had a brief chat to the guys at Sydney. I don't know where I stand," Knoll said. "For me, it's about developing my game. I'd love to play AFL footy but everywhere I'm playing I want to give 100 per cent and get better."’

From Hoop dreams to late AFL draftee The Swans' mid-season recruit once played against Australia's NBA star Ben Simmons.
    http://www.smh.com.au/afl/sydney-swa...1s2t.html?btis

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    What has gone wrong with Darcy Cameron? The Swans extended him early on, and yet he's only ever played that one disastrous game. He's big enough, has allegedly a huge tank, can mark and kick goals. So why doesn't he ever get a game?
    he looks too slow around the ground

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    he looks too slow around the ground
    If he looks slow, then Sammy must look like Usain Bolt
    sprite

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    ‘With Sam Naismith injured, the Swans' ruck stocks are thin behind Callum Sinclair though Knoll's aim this season is just to learn.

"I've only had a brief chat to the guys at Sydney. I don't know where I stand," Knoll said. "For me, it's about developing my game. I'd love to play AFL footy but everywhere I'm playing I want to give 100 per cent and get better."’

From Hoop dreams to late AFL draftee The Swans' mid-season recruit once played against Australia's NBA star Ben Simmons.
    http://www.smh.com.au/afl/sydney-swa...1s2t.html?btis
    Good piece by Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Or possibly underrated. . . . IMO
    Haha! Shame about that missing "like" button