Page 61 of 521 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Regular in the Side
    Ronke is not a rookie!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Ronke is not a rookie!
    Ronke IS a rookie, confirmed in official AFL playing lists.

The biggest drops / climbs in player rankings this year from 2018 so far... according to Champion Data

Category: | Herald Sun

BIGGEST DROP IN AFL PLAYER RATINGS 2018 TO 2019

7. Callum Sinclair (Sydney) -35 per cent

BIGGEST RISE IN PLAYER RATINGS 2018 TO 2019

8. Dane Rampe (Sydney) +44 per cent

9. Gary Rohan (Geelong) +42 per cent

Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post
    Brayden Sier from Collingwood should be high on our list of targets. Big bodied midfielder, struggling to break into the Pies team, contract expires end of this year. Perfect long term replacement for Kennedy.
    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...10-p51wbh.html

Out-of-contract midfielder Brayden Sier is adamant his future is at Collingwood, while also suggesting there is room for both he and Dayne Beams in the same Magpies side.

He is out of contract at season's end and while he said there was no update on talks for a new deal, he is keen to stay put.

"Yeah, bloody oath. I love Collingwood. I love the coaching staff, I love the boys," Sier told The Age. "It's great to be part of such a big club, and such a big family at Collingwood. I think they've got my back, and I've definitely got theirs going forward."

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Ronke IS a rookie, confirmed in official AFL playing lists.
    What is this "official AFL playing lists" that you are referring to as your source. He is listed as a senior player on the club's website, consistent with my recollection that they committed to promoting him when giving him a two year contract extension last year.

Senior Players - sydneyswans.com.au

Veterans List
    Champion Data Prospectus has him as a rookie and the AFL Record season publication has him as a rookie, both of these are AFL publications. I'm going by those, as opposed to my recollections of his new contract last year where I assumed he'd been upgraded with that contract. Despite his loss of form you'd think he'll be on the list for 2020.

Veteran Site Admin
    Champion Data Prospectus has him as a rookie and the AFL Record season publication has him as a rookie, both of these are AFL publications. I'm going by those, as opposed to my recollections of his new contract last year where I assumed he'd been upgraded with that contract. Despite his loss of form you'd think he'll be on the list for 2020.
    He has a contract for next year already.

As you note, clubs are only allowed to retain one third year rookie, and we retained Pink from 2018 to 2019. So how could we also have retained Ronke as a rookie?

And you don't think that the Swans know their list and who is on the senior/rookie list? I certainly don't think it's beyond the AFL to make mistakes in their publications.

Senior Player
    There's a direct quote from Ronke here, confirming he's contracted until 2020 (inclusive):
    We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Beams is out for three months with his injury, so Sier might get an extended run. Not good for us picking him up as a fringe player!
    True but I wouldn't think we'd be looking at him as a fringe player given our desperate need for his type. We'd be in a position to almost guarantee him a regular 22 spot, Collingwood can't as Beams has a good few years left in him. IMO he'd be crazy to stay especially given that Collingwood have little room in their cap.
    They have Thomas, Sidebottom and Treloar all of which should be ahead of him I would think. If he doesn't come to us I would think that he'd be going somewhere else regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    True but I wouldn't think we'd be looking at him as a fringe player given our desperate need for his type. We'd be in a position to almost guarantee him a regular 22 spot, Collingwood can't as Beams has a good few years left in him. IMO he'd be crazy to stay especially given that Collingwood have little room in their cap.
    They have Thomas, Sidebottom and Treloar all of which should be ahead of him I would think. If he doesn't come to us I would think that he'd be going somewhere else regardless.
    Agree , Especially if Grundy re-signs on what would have to be in the realm of 800k or more a season. Couldn’t leave much left for Sier. We could offer relative overs of say 450k over 3-4 years and it will still be hard for the pies to get close you would think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...10-p51wbh.html

Out-of-contract midfielder Brayden Sier is adamant his future is at Collingwood, while also suggesting there is room for both he and Dayne Beams in the same Magpies side.

He is out of contract at season's end and while he said there was no update on talks for a new deal, he is keen to stay put.

"Yeah, bloody oath. I love Collingwood. I love the coaching staff, I love the boys," Sier told The Age. "It's great to be part of such a big club, and such a big family at Collingwood. I think they've got my back, and I've definitely got theirs going forward."
    Did youse all not read this that I posted yesterday?

I wasn't suggesting he would be a fringer player at the Swans rather that we'd pick him up (a la Josh Kennedy) as a fringe player at the Pies. But (1) I think he'll play out the rest of the year in the AFL (2) they want to keep him (3) he doesn't want to leave. Otherwise its in the bag.

(btw happy to eat humble pie if he is a Swan in 2020)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    One of the positions we need to consider recruiting this upcoming offseason is KPD. We have Aliir and Melican but not a lot of depth behind them and Melican has not 100% bedded down his position and shown he can be consistently A grade. There is some talk that Alex Keath could be gettable, with the Dees said to be interested in him. Especially if that is true, but anyway, should we consider Tom McDonald? He will turn 27 later this year but is a proven commodity in defence that could replace Grundy and allow Aliir and Rampe to focus on intercepting and rebounding more. If not Tom McDonald, anyone else?

There is talk the Crows may also chase to Brodie Grundy. I am happy to let him go because according to the panel on Access All Areas today he would cost a motza both in terms of $$ and picks. Even though he has in my view overtaken Max Gawn as the best ruck in the game this year and is absolutely a wonderful player, I still think it is an overinvestment in a ruckman.
    Great point and I tend to agree.....but having said that, we would win a premiership with him in our side.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 12th June 2019 at 11:37 PM.