Page 84 of 521 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 997 to 1,008 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Why not? Let's do it!
    Buddy should be put on ice along with any aging players that we will be relying on in the next few seasons. Anyone who needs surgery should have it now. Players with niggles should be given extra weeks to recover. Jack shouldn't play another game other than maybe the last home game as a nice send-off.

We need to give players like Stoddart and Wicks a few games. It's the 2020 season that counts now.

2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

We have cash to burn , and we need another gun small forward to pair with Papley. Tipungwuti is out of contract at seasons end I believe . I’d love to see him in the red and white . Let’s throw some cash at him .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I'd like to see us bid on Greene. It's probable that GWS would match the pick but they drafted three mids last year and already have an elite midfield. How many do they need?
    Need to keep getting more to replace the ones who keep leaving! Coniglio this year? Kelly & Whitfield next?

GWS would be expecting a bid around pick 5, they will match. Still some water to go under the bridge before ND but very happy we'll add a potential gun at pick 5 (ish)

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    We have cash to burn , and we need another gun small forward to pair with Papley. Tipungwuti is out of contract at seasons end I believe . I’d love to see him in the red and white . Let’s throw some cash at him .
    AMT was rookie drafted as a 22 yo. So there are those players out there if you've got a sharp recruiting team, which I think we have. In fact, Tom Papley was just such a find.

I can't see AMT leaving Essendon. He's just too popular with the fans. In any case, we've got a lot young talented small forwards already in the system, although some, like Hayward, are out of form atm. There is a Tipungwuti playing for the NT Thunder and maybe a few others playing local footy in the NT.

A player that might be worth targeting is Mabior Chol from Richmond. I wouldn't be surprised if he knows Aliir Aliir, both being Sudanese refugees with Queensland connections. Chol was drafted from Aspley. He's tall enough to legitimately play ruck, but as a forward he's behind Lynch, Riewoldt and probably Noah Balta, and wouldn't be playing except that Balta and Nankervis are both injured. As a rookie, he's on a very low salary, so may be someone we could throw some money at.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 14th July 2019 at 04:16 PM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    AMT was rookie drafted as a 22 yo. So there are those players out there if you've got a sharp recruiting team, which I think we have. In fact, Tom Papley was just such a find.

I can't see AMT leaving Essendon. He's just too popular with the fans. In any case, we've got a lot young talented small forwards already in the system, although some, like Hayward, are out of form atm. There is a Tipungwuti playing for the NT Thunder and maybe a few others playing local footy in the NT.

A player that might be worth targeting is Mabior Chol from Richmond. I wouldn't be surprised if he knows Aliir Aliir, both being Sudanese refugees with Queensland connections. Chol was drafted from Aspley. He's tall enough to legitimately play ruck, but as a forward he's behind Lynch, Riewoldt and probably Noah Balta, and wouldn't be playing except that Balta and Nankervis are both injured. As a rookie, he's on a very low salary, so may be someone we could throw some money at.
    Good idea re Chol.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Good idea re Chol.
    Is he any good though?

Chol has been a revelation this year, although he's only played 4 games and hasn't put up big numbers, but you can see the talent. Richmond won't let him go easily. But Noah Balta is also doing very well, although injured right now. They are competing for one spot, IMO, so he's a reasonable target. He plays a lot like Aliir, but at 199 cm can be a legitimate ruckman.

If Amartey comes into the seniors and plays well, I'd probably feel less enthused about Chol. They would play similar roles.

Regular in the Side
    The player I thought we would get in the mid year draft was Ajang Ajang as I did not think we would take Knoll with our first pick and the Bombers would have taken him. Still think Ajang is worth a third round look as a developing ruckman. Our record with developing rucks is crap however.

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Our record with developing rucks is crap however.
    Mike Pyke says ‘hello?’.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Mike Pyke says ‘hello?’.
    And then there's ........

Regular in the Side
    Galloway, Jayco, Drex etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1