Page 7 of 521 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Just watched highlights of GWS game. We need to throw the kitchen sink at Coniglio. He would literally turn us into premiership contenders overnight. Wonder what they would want for him? First rounder + ruckman (Naismith?) ?
    Like the idea, but GWS as a matter of principle does not trade with us.

How about Kelly from Geelong???

He is exactly what we need and a lot cheeper than Cogs will cost us.

There is the small matter of wanting to go home to Perth, but if you don't ask the question you will never know!
    doof-doof

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Like the idea, but GWS as a matter of principle does not trade with us.

How about Kelly from Geelong???

He is exactly what we need and a lot cheeper than Cogs will cost us.

There is the small matter of wanting to go home to Perth, but if you don't ask the question you will never know!
    I’m not sure he’s going to be that cheap by the end of the year. Looked great v the Pies.

I dont think GWS and Swans dont trade , I think it may be more a case of the swans not bothering to look at trading for players that they see as worth getting but who clearly want to go back to their home state eg Shiel , lobb , mccarthy.

I reckon there are a lot of GWS players that get traded that the swans would see more of then the melbourne clubs and who they just dont rate.

Therefore there are few that fit the profile of someone they want and who dont want to leave Sydney anyway.

Regular in the Side
    GWS traded with us at least once to secure the service of Shane Mumford with pick No. 35 in 2013. Without COLA, I don't think we can attract too many "GUNS" from other states.

Veterans List
    First Naismith, now a Menzel setback......bummer!

Dan's not the man: New Swan to miss another month - AFL.com.au

To view Menzel as anything more than an experiment is silly. He has been constantly injured for years and usually injury prone players stay that way , they rarely just come good. If we get half a dozen games from him , I would be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    To view Menzel as anything more than an experiment is silly. He has been constantly injured for years and usually injury prone players stay that way , they rarely just come good. If we get half a dozen games from him , I would be happy.
    He’s had actually had a good run since his most recent knee reco a few years ago, up until the injection stuff up last year. Had 2 and a bit years of pretty decent footy ( 33 goals 2016, 40 in 2017, 27 last year from 13 games )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's it with Daniels? Menzel, Hannebery, Bradshaw. All struggling (struggled) to consistently get on the pitch in the 2nd half of their careers. Any other Daniels out there living with the curse?

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    What's it with Daniels? Menzel, Hannebery, Bradshaw. All struggling (struggled) to consistently get on the pitch in the 2nd half of their careers. Any other Daniels out there living with the curse?
    Daniel Currie has a lot of early injuries
    Daniel O’Keefe too (torn hamstring, torn quad and an operation on his groin where both sides were reconstructed while both adductors were released and a hernia was repaired)
    Last edited by goswannies; 26th March 2019 at 08:05 PM.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Daniel O’Keefe too (torn hamstring, torn quad and an operation on his groin where both sides were reconstructed while both adductors were released and a hernia was repaired)
    I thought Ryan O'Keefe was the one who had the groin reconstruction??

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Daniel "Frosty" McPherson played some good games when there was nothing hanging on them.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I thought Ryan O'Keefe was the one who had the groin reconstruction??
    I’m confident that more than one player can have the same operation
    HOPE ALIVE: O'Keefe dreams of a Victorian chance | The Standard