Page 441 of 521 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,292 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Considering we've got 5 or 6 rookie spots available to us I think we'll take a punt on a couple of the guys that we currently have training with us. I'm thinking Maibaum gets one of those spots. I wouldn't be surprised if we do sign Jai Florent. You're right that he is similar to Cody Hirst, except he is Ollie Florent's brother and might help us keep Ollie for longer. We have a history of signing younger brothers. Jai seems raw as hell, and needs to put on at least 10kg to be AFL ready, but as we've flushed out a few project guys from our rookie list, we would probably have the space to fit him in.

Whether we're likely to do that is another matter.

I can see arguments for Young (too good a kick to pass up), Serong, Flanders, Green, Ash, Kemp, Jackson for our first pick. But I'd love to know what the club thinks (both who they think are the better players and why they fit our needs). One day we'll get to see behind the scenes of a draft

So much speculation on who we should take with pick 5. I think we should all nominate (realistic pick) who we would take for a bit of sport. Here's mine:

Lachie Ash

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    So much speculation on who we should take with pick 5. I think we should all nominate (realistic pick) who we would take for a bit of sport. Here's mine:

Lachie Ash
    Jackson for me. If we get Young as well they could open a pub!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Jackson for me. If we get Young as well they could open a pub!

Quote Originally Posted by dazedjosh View Post
    Considering we've got 5 or 6 rookie spots available to us I think we'll take a punt on a couple of the guys that we currently have training with us. I'm thinking Maibaum gets one of those spots. I wouldn't be surprised if we do sign Jai Florent. You're right that he is similar to Cody Hirst, except he is Ollie Florent's brother and might help us keep Ollie for longer. We have a history of signing younger brothers. Jai seems raw as hell, and needs to put on at least 10kg to be AFL ready, but as we've flushed out a few project guys from our rookie list, we would probably have the space to fit him in.

Whether we're likely to do that is another matter.
    Bartholamuez is the most likely in my view. Not sure I 100% agree with you that a spot on an AFL list gets used to retain Ollie Florent. Kind of makes a mockery of the list. Why not just give Jai Florent a job, or set him up to go to uni in Sydney. It would achieve the same outcome. My understanding is that there are far better prospects out there, including a number of Academy Players.

Veteran Site Admin
    Considering we've got 5 or 6 rookie spots available to us ...
    We don't. Not available to fill. We have (probably) six Cat A spots in total. McLean, Morrison, Armartey and Knoll already fill four of those. We have a maximum of three Cat B rookie spots available. Wicks and O'Connor already fill two of those. Bell then fills either the final Cat B spot, one of the two remaining Cat A spots, or (possibly) one of the available senior list spots.

So we have either two or three rookies spots in total to fill, and if Bell isn't still a B cat rookie, one of those can only be used on a NSW boy. I expect one of those spots to be earmarked for Maibaum. So there are very few rookie spots available that the players training with us are competing for, and the club may pick none of those and select someone outside the training pool entirely.

Mclean and Bell were promoted to the senior list I believe. Which makes it 5.
    Knoll has extended but I'm not sure if he extended as a rookie or a senior.

I'll see if I can find the source on that.

I’m genuinely torn but reckon in this order

Green
    Young
    Serong
    Ash
    Flanders
    Kemp
    Jackson

Gold Coast still saying they are open to trading picks 1 and/or 2. Unlikely but would make it very interesting. Not sure what any club could offer them that would make it worth their while?

Mclean and Bell were promoted to the senior list I believe. Which makes it 5.
    Knoll has extended but I'm not sure if he extended as a rookie or a senior.

I'll see if I can find the source on that.
    I think Bell has a two year deal, Year 1 is Cat A rookie, Year 2 is senior list

I’m more than happy to go with Serong. Height is one of those characteristics that gets overplayed. Billy Beane would be laughing at the notion. If the kid can play then whether he is 178cm or 180cm really doesn’t matter.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    We don't. Not available to fill. We have (probably) six Cat A spots in total. McLean, Morrison, ...
    Morrison? Do you mean Reynolds?