Page 336 of 521 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346386436 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,032 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Tullamarinus Dodorus? So this modern dodo can fly?
    Indeed! And ohhhh sooooo sooooo high.

I tried to get some details on Cam McCarthy's year off, 2017. The WAFL website shows that he played 7 games that year.

Why doesn't Daniher quit Essendon, move to Sydney, and play on our NEAFL squad as a topup next year. The money will work itself out.

Senior Player
    "There have been discussions with Sydney," Blues list manager Stephen Silvagni said.

"We're hopeful that we can get a deal done in the next 48 hours.

"They have said to us they'd love for Tom to stay at their football club and that he is a contracted player, but we're hopeful we can get a deal done that's fair and reasonable for both footy clubs."

Trade Wrap: Arch-rivals set to break 16-year trade deadlock - AFL.com.au

Butler's season highlights - richmondfc.com.au

182cm
    80kg
    Just turned 23yrs of age
    Very quick
    45 games
    53 goals

Is anyone else surprised we haven’t been more interested ?.......given richmond appears to be open to allow Dan Butler to trade for a better offer

Dan probably has more upside and positional flexibility then Lewis Taylor 108 games for 88 goals

Both would be pretty similar re trade value despite only being drafted at pick 67

Butler has been in a great system last few years at Richmond and contributed well 2017/18 and then injured a bit this year

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

182cm
    80kg
    Just turned 23yrs of age
    Very quick
    45 games
    53 goals

Is anyone else surprised we haven’t been more interested ?.......given richmond appears to be open to allow Dan Butler to trade for a better offer

Dan probably has more upside and positional flexibility then Lewis Taylor 108 games for 88 goals

Both would be pretty similar re trade value despite only being drafted at pick 67

Butler has been in a great system last few years at Richmond and contributed well 2017/18 and then injured a bit this year
    From his highlights looks like a good replacement for Papley.

182cm
    80kg
    Just turned 23yrs of age
    Very quick
    45 games
    53 goals

I liked the look of him a few years back AG when they won in 2017. Really quick, decent skills. Probably the only reason he isn't playing AFL consistently is because he's on the best team in the league who have several just like him. I'd be pretty disappointed if we hadn't asked the question.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Yes keep hearing the same thing when listening to most of the morons on trade radio that we will have egg on our face if we don't do whatever it takes to get the Daniher deal done as Harley must've made a guarantee to him mid year blah blah blah....

I can't believe that we will be made out to be the losers of the trade period if we don't bow down and submit to Essendon's demands and sell the farm to get Daniher in! But that's how it will go down if we don't do it and get him (BTW I think we will submit and get him unfortunately).

Andy Mahr on The Trade Game tonight (7mate) reckons Dodo isn't doing anything wrong reckoning Essendon has every right to demand the Swans to pay overs for Daniher because he's contracted!!!!!! Remarked we could do the same with Papley, but it was down played somewhat in comparison. He went onto say that we're holding up other trades getting done & that pressure is mounting on us to get this Daniher deal done. Really??????

Another head scratcher I heard on Fox Footy Trade show tonight is the thought if we trade in contracted player Daniher, that we must be obliged then to trade out contracted player Papley to Carlton, otherwise we would be hypocrites! So bloody what!!!!! Is there a rule that states this? They conveniently overlook the fact that one has only played 11 games in 2 seasons and will be FA in 12 months , whilst the other has 4 year contract, our leading goal kicker this year and whose numbers are improving with each year!

Both shows talked about complicated 4 way trades involving us, Saints, Dogs and Crows. In both scenarios we ended up with pick 28 for Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Andy Mahr on The Trade Game tonight (7mate) reckons Dodo isn't doing anything wrong reckoning Essendon has every right to demand the Swans to pay overs for Daniher because he's contracted!!!!!! Remarked we could do the same with Papley, but it was down played somewhat in comparison. He went onto say that we're holding up other trades getting done & that pressure is mounting on us to get this Daniher deal done. Really??????

Another head scratcher I heard on Fox Footy Trade show tonight is the thought if we trade in contracted player Daniher, that we must be obliged then to trade out contracted player Papley to Carlton, otherwise we would be hypocrites! So bloody what!!!!! Is there a rule that states this? They conveniently overlook the fact that one has only played 11 games in 2 seasons and will be FA in 12 months , whilst the other has 4 year contract, our leading goal kicker this year and whose numbers are improving with each year!

Both shows talked about complicated 4 way trades involving us, Saints, Dogs and Crows. In both scenarios we ended up with pick 28 for Jones.
    Yeah those shows are absolutely ridiculous (As well as trade radio) with their bias against us basically saying we MUST make this trade happen, no matter the cost, or else we will look like a bunch of losers.

Really is pathetic how these clowns earn their money...

On the other point, I'd be happy enough if we managed to get 28 for Jones. Wouldn't really want any less than that though.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    And not on Essendon? Wow.

All the more reason for Sydney to spite everyone and walk away from the ridiculous demands of the Scum. Pick 5 and 9 would be much better in Sydney's hands.

Yeah, the anti-Sydney bias is strong with them. Why are they not demanding Carlton and St Kilda each trade out four players so they can bring in four players?

I linked an article earlier discussing one such hypothetical trade.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Not one of the Fox Footy trade show 'journalists' suggesting that the Swans might be happy to offload Sam Reid had any idea that Sam is riveted to Sydney due to family reasons. There is no way he is going to uproot his life and move to Melbourne and has 2 more years left on his contract. How can they call themselves journalists when they don't do any journalistic work.

And the suggestion that we give up Tom McCartin is nuts. I wouldn't do a straight swap McCartin for Daniher, even ignoring impending free agency for Joe. Due to age and needs, McCartin is a more valuable player.

I used to think Joey Montagne was a pretty smart guy. Maybe because he was a clever player. But he's out of his element now and knows next to nothing about football business off the field.

I think it was David King who noted that the Swans don't really need Daniher. We already have a strong forward line. At least he has some understanding of the situation.

Essendon, or someone at the club, must have done something pretty bad for Joe to leave the club where he has such a ponderous family history, and so much so, that he feels he has to leave Melbourne as well. This could not have been a decision made on a whim.

One person who does know football business and is very clever is Kinnear Beatson. That may be the only thing that leaves me with some confidence that things will turn out alright.

So Essendon aren’t blinking
    They won’t take 5&9 if we did offer that even though I would t make that offer as it is too much

Saint Kilda are not blinking and want a mid 20s minimum for Josh Bruce if not slightly better

Jones wants to get to Melbourne in particular Saint Kilda

Bruce scored 36 goals last season and has scored 171 goals from 113 games

At 27 years of age and 101kg I think would easily be able to play a role similar to Joe Daniher but would only cost us Jones and maybe a late pick in the 50s if at all ?

I suspect we saw value for our team in JD at 200cm being a true FF plus quite competent in the ruck and that makes our forward and Ruck rotations very effective but if we want another key forward to help Buddy and our forward line dominate then what great valueJosh Bruce is

Josh Bruce with the huge hanger - YouTube

So Essendon aren’t blinking
    They won’t take 5&9 if we did offer that even though I would t make that offer as it is too much

Saint Kilda are not blinking and want a mid 20s minimum for Josh Bruce if not slightly better

Jones wants to get to Melbourne in particular Saint Kilda

Bruce scored 36 goals last season and has scored 171 goals from 113 games

At 27 years of age and 101kg I think would easily be able to play a role similar to Joe Daniher but would only cost us Jones and maybe a late pick in the 50s if at all ?

I suspect we saw value for our team in JD at 200cm being a true FF plus quite competent in the ruck and that makes our forward and Ruck rotations very effective but if we want another key forward to help Buddy and our forward line dominate then what great valueJosh Bruce is

Josh Bruce with the huge hanger - YouTube
    Point is we don’t really need a forward . We would take JD as he wants to come and his best footy is Elite. Bruce is only sought after as the dogs need some assistance for naughton. He’s a bit of a truck but can take a grab and has a decent boot. Geez he’s slow though, and a don’t know if he has much of a tank. You watch him live and he doesn’t move much. He’s much maligned by many Saints fans ( majority of my friends are saints fans ).

We don’t want or need Bruce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk