Page 135 of 521 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,609 to 1,620 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Pretty sure it was Terry Wallace who asked that question, rather than Cornes.
    I can stand corrected! Thanks Matt. I know Terry, Kane, Bob & Whateley were on SEN "crunch time" last Saturday.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I can stand corrected! Thanks Matt. I know Terry, Kane, Bob & Whateley were on SEN "crunch time" last Saturday.
    Here's the link if anyone wants to listen to the interview: https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=412923.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I posted this on 2nd May. I truly hope that it’s all rubbish but it just keeps lingering.

If it is true, I also feel that pick 9 would be fair possibly with us throwing in a 3rd round pick. The Cameron comparison is pretty good. Carlton also gave up pick 13 last year for McGovern and Paps is a much better player.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The Crows got pick 12 for Charlie Cameron 2 years ago. Cameron was pretty good at Adelaide, but has improved his status in the past 2 years. I think Papley is the next best small forward after Cameron and about at the same level Cameron was 2 years ago when the trade to Brisbane was made. So I think Papley is worth a mid 1st round pick. If Papley were in this year's draft, I think he would go top 10.

Carlton have around pick 9 in this year's draft and likely to finish mid table next year. I would take either this year's or next year's 1st round pick as the main part of the trade. Maybe we would have to give back a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Only can see compelling personal reasons for Papley wanting to return to Melbourne. It's hard to judge if there's anything to see here. We certainly would prefer to keep him, even if we did get something like pick 9 in return.

If Paps leaves, the pressure will really be on Ben Ronke to step up. We may even decide to keep Rose on the list.
    Ronke is not in our best 22 and has stalled big time this year. Chronic kicking weakness and lacks footy smarts
    Papley a must keep. Menzel one more year as well.

Play the ROK card and then remind him we drafted him when no one else did

Speaking of Charlie Cameron comparisons, look at what those spuds traded for Liam Stocker this year, effectively a Pick 3 for a guy who hadnt played a game
    We should be asking for 2x 1st Rounders at that rate

Im all for hoping Paps stays though

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Speaking of Charlie Cameron comparisons, look at what those spuds traded for Liam Stocker this year, effectively a Pick 3 for a guy who hadnt played a game
    We should be asking for 2x 1st Rounders at that rate

Im all for hoping Paps stays though
    Not quite right. At current standings, they traded pick 3 for Stocker and pick 9. Pick 9 is more than a set of steak knives.

Swans should upgrade Papley's salary in return for an extra 3-4 year contract extension. At the end of the day, money talks and walks. Tom Papley's natural talent and grit is hard to come by.
    Hope we learnt our lesson from letting go of a gem like Tom Mitchell, in his early prime.

Fari call, those steak knives were going to be pick 15+ at the time though

Veterans List
    One round for us to go. The fun and games start next week for us.

I can understand people wanting to discuss what we should get for Papley if hypothetically he decides he wants to "return home", but the more it is discussed the more it seems like we're bracing he's going. Makes me uncomfortable because imo Papely embraces soul of the club with his passion and his family links with the club's history, which you can't put a price on.

He has a year left on his contract, is in our leadership group, is wearing same number as his grandad, our list has potentially more upside than Carlton's and hence no reason why we should be forced into trading him this year if he is feeling a little homesick. We have 12 months to convince him otherwise that the SCG is his true home because IT IS IN HIS BLOOD!

Dawson, rowbottom and Blakey for me are sky rocketing in $ for the future and we want to lock them in long term we may need to re arrange their existing contracts soon

For me we still need a ruckman 2020. We can’t rely on Naismiths knee

We can’t have our midfield rotation and our backline exposed another season via no advantage in the clearances. The game is hard enough as it is.

If we are needing to stagger the sal cap 20/21 yet have a continuity of emerging talent moving into snrs next year and year after etc I would make only one trade out and that is Zac Jones.

This would ensure we can keep Paps who is more important for us, get a ruckman in but it also would mean we can draft a pick 4, pick 10 approx and a pick 24 now and they are on minimal money next couple of seasons yet balance out our future injection of talent is year or two from now

Trade OUT: Jones

Trade IN: ruckman ?

Retired :
    Macca
    Grundy
    Smith
    Jack

Delist: 4/5 other players on the lower lists