Page 207 of 521 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 2,473 to 2,484 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Same 37 goals as paps this season?

Veteran Site Admin
    I don't think Betts or Harvey are great bases on which to argue Gulden's height won't hold him back. His game isn't built on the same attributes. If he were a few inches taller, he'd make a great inside midfielder. He can hunt the ball and tackle like a madman. But he's not overly quick or silky-skilled. I have few doubts that he'll carve out a role for himself at AFL level but I think the role he finds will be somewhat limited by his height.

His brother is listed at 188cm, so it's odd that Gulden is so small (in AFL terms). Maybe there's a growth spurt waiting to happen.

I don't think height will be such an issue for Campbell, partly because he's a couple of inches taller, but also because I think his best position is forward, or half-forward. His pace, evasiveness and kicking skills are his strongest attributes.

Although the main academy focus for next year (from we supporters) rests on Campbell and Gulden, I won't be surprised if a couple of others emerge from this cohort to be draftable too. Marco Rossman impressed me with his movement and ball use in a couple of late season NEAFL games, while Marc Sheather also got several NEAFL games earlier in the year and played several games at TAC Cup level as an underager. He probably needs to find more of the ball, but maybe he'll get more of a run next year in the midfield. But he is good overhead and can also tackle ferociously. There were a few others who earned themselves NEAFL games as U17s this year, so I'm hoping a few of them will push their case next year for a draft spot (even if not with the Swans).

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Pretty well speechless, but Betts is well cooked.
    You haven't seen Annies lefty.

Top 2020 prospect stars in Sydney footy factory's latest flag - AFL.com.au

Yep does it easy young Errol

Very smooth player with time and space awareness

Not quick but nor was macca

It saids Errol finishes his hsc this year 2019 ie last year of school where the vast majority turn 18yrs old. Errol is a full year younger for his school year

Height
    172cm
    Weight
    68kg
    Current Team
    Allies, Swans Academy
    Birthday
    July 18, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Same 37 goals as paps this season?
    Betts looks like he only has another season left in him though. Paps has kicked 37, 24, 30 & 29 goals respectively in past seasons and is only going to improve. He's a gun.

braeden campbell afl

If u google there are Facebook videos of Braeden playing

Braeden is a stand out but against so so opposition - looks a bit like a young left footed Heeney the way he goes about it at the same age

Veterans List
    Gulden & Campbell, 12 months is a long time at this age, plenty of players jump up or drop off dramatically between U17 & U18's. We don't need to hatch these eggs for another 12 months. Let's jusat make the most of the 2019 Trane'n Draft period first and "worry" about 2020 in a year's time.

Daniher, has he signed yet?

Veterans List
    The Herald Sun has suddenly realised (what we have been saying) that we don't need to trade Papley to get Daniher. I can't read the article, just the first paragraph. They asked if we can have our cake and eat it too 😉.

Swap the Pick 4 and 40 for GWS 11 and 13
    Guarentees them Green and gives up a pick fo Joey and still a pick this year

If Green get selected at 3 or 4 their Pick 13 becomes 30+anyway

Selects from the article:

TOM PAPLEY (SYD)

Carlton are red-hot for this bloke. Despite speculation the goalsneak was keen on a move to Victoria, he is yet to request a trade and has four years to run on a contract. His future is not tied to Joe Daniher’s, with Sydney armed with the cash and picks to strike a deal even if Papley stays.

ZAK JONES (SYD)

The frustrated Swans want an answer from the hard-nut midfielder amid strong interest from the Saints. The big quandary is clearly whether the Saints have enough picks to pull off a deal. Sydney will want a first-round or early second-round pick for him. Things should become clearer over the next seven days.

Saw Collingwood has delisted Sam Murray