Page 144 of 521 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 1,717 to 1,728 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Cainit View Post
    A thought...

Papley goes to Carlton for there first pick say pick 8. Which we trade for Daniher

Jones goes for an early second round pick then we combine that with our 2nd rounder and trade for a first round pick. Which then gets traded for Moore

We use our first round pick and next year's for Cogniglio

So Daniher, Cogniglio and Moore come into our side looks exciting
    Yeh great trade. Conoiglio has the Hawthorn knee and the other 2 are injury prone.

Has anyone seen any actual evidence to suggest there is strong validity to the Papley trade claims? Been thrown around a lot, but I've seen nothing to strongly suggest it is actually true (Maybe I've just missed it).
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    We need to keep Jones and Paps doing that will be a win in the offseason
    We wont get anywhere near what they are worth at the trade table
    Well put.

There’s a few players floating around we could go after including:

Constable (Cats)
    Newnes (Saints)
    Wood (Norf)
    Anyone at Adelaide
    A plethora of ruckman
    Tomlinson (Giants)
    Lions NEAFL side

Who if any of these should we be going after?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    We need to keep Jones and Paps doing that will be a win in the offseason
    We wont get anywhere near what they are worth at the trade table
    I agree, these two have become important to us and I suspect they'll both become top-tier players in their respective positions. We must hold on to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    There’s a few players floating around we could go after including:

Constable (Cats)
    Newnes (Saints)
    Wood (Norf)
    Anyone at Adelaide
    A plethora of ruckman
    Tomlinson (Giants)
    Lions NEAFL side

Who if any of these should we be going after?
    Looking like a very active trade period with a lot of big names possibly on the move. The attention at first will be focused on players like Grundy, Coniglio, Tim Kelly, Hill brothers, Ed Langdon, Jack Martin.

Constable (Cats): Deserves a serious look. Worth throwing our hat into the ring. Uncertain where things lie and probably not much will happen until Geelong are out of finals.
    Newnes (Saints): He seems to be just another depth player. Maybe not much better than Clarke.
    Wood (Norf): An interesting player who hasn't lived up to potential. May be due to numerous injuries. Not a priority.
    Anyone at Adelaide: So many, hard to mention. If Papley goes, may be worth a play for Eddie Betts. I wouldn't chase the Crouch brothers or any of their midfielders.
    A plethora of ruckman: We need to unload a ruckman, not recruit another one. We shouldn't take away Naismith's reason for living.
    Tomlinson (Giants): May be on the move, but likely to a Melbourne club.
    Lions NEAFL side : Yes! Lots of good pickings here. Interesting the connection to the 2013 draft:

Pick 32: George Hewett
    Pick 33: Bris: Tom Cutler
    Pick 34: Bris: Nick Robertson
    Pick 35: Nankervis

Cutler and Robertson are both good players, with size, pace and physicality and should fit well on our list. They are both out of contract and not getting senior games this year. Cutler at the top of my list, with Robertson not far behind. Our 3rd rounder in the early 40s could make it happen for one of them.

Cedric Cox is another player who might be available. In contract, but not getting senior games after 3 years. Has talent, but not seeming to make progress at the club.

I won't feel bad raiding Brisbane now that they're at the top of the ladder.

A lot more names should become public next week.

Warming the Bench
    Another Lion I'm interested in is Josh Walker. Fills a gap in our KPD stocks, only not getting a game due to Marcus Adams coming in. Would also be cheap

No one available to us is anywhere near Paps and Jones

With spare cash it could be a good year to rob from a team with a tight salary cap
    Crouch, either one
    Oliver Brayshaw
    Hartlett, Wines
    Hopper

Would like to get Langdon for Cameron from GWS

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    Another Lion I'm interested in is Josh Walker. Fills a gap in our KPD stocks, only not getting a game due to Marcus Adams coming in. Would also be cheap
    Walker is a good KPP depth player, who can fill in at both ends of the ground. I'm reluctant to go after a KPP this year before we resolve the futures of Maibaum, Pink and Amartey. All look reasonable young prospects who haven't yet had a crack a senior footy. I think we can get through 2020 okay with our KPP stocks, so long as Buddy plays, as well as Aliir and Rampe staying off the injury list. McCartin looks set for defensive role and will compete for Melican for a key role alongside Aliir and Rampe.

Veterans List
    Maybe another club will make a bid for Melican.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Has anyone seen any actual evidence to suggest there is strong validity to the Papley trade claims? Been thrown around a lot, but I've seen nothing to strongly suggest it is actually true (Maybe I've just missed it).
    You've missed nothing. Some journo a few months back found out Papley had a girlfriend in Melbourne. Said journo had nothing interesting to write about that week so concocted a Papley will seek trade "home" story.

Every other journo and BF posters have ridden it hard ever since, all on the back of ........ nothing really. Think Papley and the club are having a giggle at it bubbling along! Contracted player emotionally invested in the club, girlfriend if she does exist can move away from those freezing Melbourne winters and head to Sydney.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Maybe another club will make a bid for Melican.
    Why?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    List clogger

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I propose a deal on RWO. If we expect Hayward to be precise and kick straight, then we should all try to spell his name correctly.
    It's easy, it rhymes with wayward, just use an H instead of a W