Page 145 of 521 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,729 to 1,740 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    It's easy, it rhymes with wayward, just use an H instead of a W
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    No, No. I still have Tadgh Keneally nightmares. I got it right eventually, but now can't remember what's right.
    I had same problems until someone on this site pointed out that Tadhg finished with HG - you know, as in Nelson! And no a in Kennelly.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Melican, 23yr old who has played 36 games mostly defending a Key Forward
    Cant name many other Key Defenders as good at his age
    Possibly one of the last players on the list that would be considered for trading

I see that Cedric Cox has made the Lions' senior team this week, so maybe he's on the way into the side.

But Mabior Chol has been dropped for Noah Balta at Richmond. With no injuries, Chol could miss out on finals and becomes a more viable target. A little bit speculative, but I think he can fill a lot of weaknesses that could evolve at the Swans, especially in the ruck.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I see that Cedric Cox has made the Lions' senior team this week, so maybe he's on the way into the side.

But Mabior Chol has been dropped for Noah Balta at Richmond. With no injuries, Chol could miss out on finals and becomes a more viable target. A little bit speculative, but I think he can fill a lot of weaknesses that could evolve at the Swans, especially in the ruck.
    Would be a good get. Huge upside.

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Possibly one of the last players on the list that would be considered for trading
    I agree. He has lost a few battles but considering the number of games where our midfield has been smashed and our defence inundated with inside 50s, he's done pretty well. I think he can work on defending on the lead but his disposal is pretty good. I reckon he'll become a good KPD for us.

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Can't work out the lack of love for Melican. He's so young and was fantastic last year. He's been injured this year and all of a sudden he's "no good"?

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Can't work out the lack of love for Melican. He's so young and was fantastic last year. He's been injured this year and all of a sudden he's "no good"?
    Melican is a keeper. He's still young and progressing well.

Conor McKenna | Essendon Bombers | Player profile, AFL contract, stats and news | Zero Hanger

How exciting is young Irishman Connor mkenna off the HBF for the bombers

I thought he was out of contract but another two years at the bombers

34 disposals tonight against the bombers

These are our out of contract players: Joel Amartey, James Bell, Darcy Cameron, Robbie Fox, Cody Hirst, Zak Jones, Michael Knoll, Jack Maibaum, Hayden McLean, Daniel Menzel, Toby Pink, James Rose, Durak Tucker. Thurlow is not on the chopping block this year.

Of these the one I think most likely to be delisted is Rose. Wouldn't surprise to see him redrafted elsewhere.

Jones and Cameron may get traded (prefer we retain them).

Bell sure to be retained.

Amartey, Pink, McLean all young and seem to have done enough to be retained but not confident they all will be.

According to afl.com.au Knoll has been given a 12 month contract.

I would think we would keep Tucker because we haven't seen anything of him yet and we knew we wouldn't when we drafted him so unless he's been homesick or shown disciplinary issues or something surely we give him another go? That and the fact he was rated as a gun, possibly first round pick before he did his ACL.

I reckon we give Menzel another season - we need his experience and goal kicking nous. Hopefully he'll get a better run at it.

Hirst I'd guess probably hasn't done enough to get a contract ahead of another draftee.

Which leaves Maibaum and Fox who I think could go either way. I'd be more optimistic for Maibaum if he hadn't seemed to be such a borderline re-signing 12 months ago. Their prospects may also depend on whether anyone gets traded out and how many spots we need to clear on our list. Maibaum maybe we de-list and then re-sign (maybe as a rookie?) depending on whether we draft or trade in any other KPDs?

We have 4 retiring. But we have three players beyond our usual list size (help me out here, is it 38-40 on the main list and up to 7 rookies?) who we picked up in pre-season supplemental draft and mid-season draft: McLean, Knoll, Hirst. And we have Barry O'Connor contracted and coming in - so it looks like we will need to clear some more spots beyond the retirees.

I think we are obliged to draft at least 3 players and more likely to draft 4 (maybe the last one might be a promotion for a 3rd year rookie like Pink). And you'd think we would draft at least 1 and more likely 2 fresh rookies.

That's before we get to trade. If we trade in more than we trade out, that's more space that has to be cleared.

I'm can't do the maths but there are going to be some delistings apart from the retirements and probably more than just Rose and Hirst.

Clubs are pretty ruthless with their de-listings these days so I suspect that any we think are a possibility to go will probably go. Despite today's win we are still way off the better teams. Our coaches know this.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I propose a deal on RWO. If we expect Hayward to be precise and kick straight, then we should all try to spell his name correctly.
    It follows a long tradition of people spelling Hannebery's name incorrectly for 10 years. It's not hard, just look it up!!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph